SSG

Oct 6, 2008
Eastern NC
That's the idea. I really like bikes from that era, there wasn't really a set standard for design yet so everyone was basically doing their own thing.

Interesting :39:
I have a couple o frames like that. Waiting to see what you do with that pile.
Going on the name, would you be making a bike from that era?

Jan 2, 2012
Mykonos,GREECE
That's the idea. I really like bikes from that era, there wasn't really a set standard for design yet so everyone was basically doing their own thing.
I have always been fascinated with the safety bicycle look. I often wonder if many were actually rideable. Cool you have me pinned on this one.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
This should be fun to see what funky cold contivance you come up with.

Reactions: 2dawgs

SSG

Oct 6, 2008
Eastern NC
I managed to get the head tube set up and welded, so the front triangle is on it's way to being done. The head tube ended up being something stupid tall (thirteen and a half inches). I still dont know what I'm using for a fork. I cut two solid 5/8 seat posts, one forward facing and one rear facing. My seat also came in. It's a "Special" which sounds vintage enough, it was tough to find a reasonably priced hairpin that didn't say RBR on the side.

Last edited:

SSG

Oct 6, 2008
Eastern NC
I was pretty happy with how the seat tube union turned out. (If you're wondering why my posts are all broken up I keep running into an internal server error prompt when posting/editing.)

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
I was pretty happy with how the seat tube union turned out. (If you're wondering why my posts are all broken up I keep running into an internal server error prompt when posting/editing.)
You have an old computer like mine, running XP?
I have two browsers now... Opera most of the time, since Chrome doesn't run on XP, and Firefox. Either one or the other give me that error and when they do I run the other one...I can find no rhyme or reason as to why it happens, I just know when it does I flip to the other browser. Most of the time I run Opera.

Carl.

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Starting to take shape now.
That saddle will look perfect on there.

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
I have a great set of bars from a Pedersen style bike that would be perfect for this build.

60142_c26bbe1600c75863f3b68bb75942a747.jpg

Reactions: Dizzle Problems
The Bike Wall BOXKARS