# 14. Huffy Byke

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.jpg

2.jpg

A racing themed Huffy Byke (yes it is "Byke"). Did some body work on the frame then rattle can painted it "Pontiac Blue". Lettering and numbers are vinyl decals. Fat 24x3 dirt track tires front & rear, the rear wheel I laced around an old German "Schwinn approved" coaster-brake hub with the grease/oil zerk. Mag sprocket, "RS" seat, piston valve caps, original headbadge. Chainguard is off a 24" Schwinn Racer.

huffy_byke_orig.jpg

Before pic.

Last edited:
aka_locojoe, Very cool byke, love the racing theme. Did you have to modify the rear to fit the the Fat 24x3 tires.

RatDawg said:
aka_locojoe, Very cool byke, love the racing theme. Did you have to modify the rear to fit the the Fat 24x3 tires.

Thanks.
The tire fit the rear fine. No modification. The front fork is another story. It's so close I have to keep the wheel really true or it rubs.

i love that color it looks awsome on that bike. super clean and i have seen that before too. you are a very tallented builder my friend. heck that bike was my back drop pic for a few weeks.

Very nice. Great base to work from....I have more than a few of these!

Latest posts

Back