RRBBO13 13 Dayzz.. calling it done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe try making the seat post and sissy bar parallel...? Other than that, quickie or not, this looks super.

got the extra bars soldered in this afternoon and sprocket needed some fitting had to space it out 3/16 inch still had 3 1/2 full threads to tightened it on drive side so should be good, also had to use a little hammer persuasion for the rest to clear frame its tight but it clears.
DSCN1272.JPG

Love the plumbing to fill that crack.
What an awesome idea!!!!

this is just not my buildoff with everything that's happened the last couple months then having to put Bare Bomber on the back burner, thought throw together this bike with the frame change to still have some fun, well..... never noticed this until I had it sitting where I walked directly behind it walking in the door today What:mad::eek::mad:
frame is bent its kicked well over more than 1"++ off center why I didn't notice it before who knows, not sure I even want to mess with it at this point :headbang: :headbang:

00.JPG

I don't know why its loading sideways not that way on my computer

Last edited:
If it will ride with a chain on it, don't worry about it being cattywhompus. Straighten it some other day.

If it will ride with a chain on it, don't worry about it being cattywhompus. Straighten it some other day.

I don't think a chain will stay on as far out of whack it is.

Is it the frame or is the wheel dished to one side? Try flipping the wheel around and see if it's the same. If it's the frame try to straighten it using the Sheldon Brown method. May not be hard to fix.

Is the frame, bent just behind the seat post. I will look up the Sheldon Brown method.

realigned.... not perfect but so much better... little over a hour of prying/pulling/few words.... if you look at above photos compared to these with straight edge on frame comparing the tire distance she was bent..... forgot to take pics. before I put fender back on.

on right now.
DSCN1283.JPG

on left now
DSCN1284.JPG

had just a little time today I wanted use the front fender but just to close with the wheel size so I went back to flipping the front. the red seat came in today and it sucks should have known better for 20 bucks just going to go with the black one I have and paint the green strip red maybe little foam and black tape on front?? remember doing that back in the day but hey its a rat. once I get seat mounted where I want it more than likely going to have to extend the bars 4+ inches grips are barely on now to show.
DSCN1288.JPG

DSCN1289.JPG

also painted the thickslick red on tires need to finish ran out of paint.
DSCN1290.JPG

turned into this :39:
DSCN1294.JPG

this may also make it
DSCN1296.JPG

13 dayz seemed like a long time for a simple build but been busy and we are now near the end :eek: need to get some chain tomorrow and finish seat mounting/bars. misc.

Is that a rib cage or a laser beam?

Is that a rib cage or a laser beam?

:D

got some done today, I don't know what thread is on these older stems but nothing matched it so had to go to plan B. not thrilled with a nut underneath but so it goes.
DSCN1297.JPG

really liked the green worn on the seat with the spotty black shown thru but needed to be red.
DSCN1301.JPG

I was going to paint but had a beer and thought how I could keep the black coming thru like the green hauled out the red sharpie did only 1/2x1/4" or so at a time and then wiped it down right away with a rag to get rid of the sharpie lines and it also dulled it!
DSCN1308.JPG

also threw this on the back old porcelain piece, serves as the fender brace also need to get a brighter pic.
DSCN1307.JPG

stem mod. had to hold this and yep a rib cage KF
when I just set it on there bars remined me of arms.
DSCN1305.JPG

so it needed the rib cage then the front of forks remind me of legs extending have plans for some feet coming off the bottom of them just need to get to the store tomorrow and pick some stuff up.
DSCN1306.JPG

I don't know why my pics. are loading sideways not that way on my laptop but its irritating

Latest posts

Back