11:11 FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 5.
The tank graphics are masked off and paint applied.
Masked for graphics.jpg

Thanks Chad.
In my haste I never got around to how the tank would fasten together. I finally stopped at Lowe's this afternoon and picked up some10-24 wood insert nuts and machine screws. This material is pretty soft so screwing directly into it would not hold up after taking it on and off a few times.
101_3699.JPG

101_3700.JPG

This was the last of the fabrication. All that's left is putting it all together!

FINISHED!
Had to wait for the rain to pass and then took it out for a test ride. I didn't go far before the rear tire was rubbing hard against the frame. I thought it was the dropout problem but it turned out to be user error. The rear axel nuts where barely snug and the wheel shifted.:blush:

Anyway, here's the tank graphics. I drew it to fit the space on the tank and then cut a mask. Normally I would silk screen this sort of thing.
101_3708.JPG
101_3710.jpg
101_3711.jpg

The tank shape wasn't planned with this in mind, but after I added the wings the indents seemed to make more sense. It's been fun making this stuff up as I go along. I'm very happy with the result!

FINISHED!
Had to wait for the rain to pass and then took it out for a test ride. I didn't go far before the rear tire was rubbing hard against the frame. I thought it was the dropout problem but it turned out to be user error. The rear axel nuts where barely snug and the wheel shifted.:blush:

Anyway, here's the tank graphics. I drew it to fit the space on the tank and then cut a mask. Normally I would silk screen this sort of thing. View attachment 58065 View attachment 58066 View attachment 58067

The tank shape wasn't planned with this in mind, but after I added the wings the indents seemed to make more sense. It's been fun making this stuff up as I go along. I'm very happy with the result!
TRM, Yowzer, Wowzer!

FINISHED!

Anyway, here's the tank graphics. I drew it to fit the space on the tank and then cut a mask. Normally I would silk screen this sort of thing. View attachment 58065 View attachment 58066 View attachment 58067

Just roll with it and listen to what the bike tells you! You have always been a great bike listener! :)

Latest posts

Back