Schwinn s7 single speed cog replacement

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took my schwinn typhoon single speed into the bike shop to have the rear wheel fixed. The bike was super sluggish due to the original s7 single speed wheel (and likely all 280 lbs of me)so they were going to add a larger cog to it. Upon arriving to pick it up they told me they were unable to fix it because the replacement cog wouldn't line up or fit with the rest of the hub. I'm now wondering if there is any other cog that would fit it and bigger than the og one That it has now which I believe is an 18 tooth. Anyone?

Right and I'll bet your cruiser picks up speed easily. But I'm wondering if that would fit on my s7 wheel

Ps are the are the wheels original to the ss or did you add that cog to them?

coincidentally i was just comparing a bendix cog to a modern chinese shimano style one today- the tabs 'looked' the same to me....(?)

Edit:

just went to the garage and tried a swap- sure enough, the shimano has a very slightly smaller i.d.

doesn't look like it would be too hard to make it work with a little file/dremel action. it would be a cheap experiment...

:wink:

Thanks you guys for the help. I don't suppose you guys have a 21 tooth bendix cog laying around you want to get rid of?

Schwinn used two different coaster hubs in the middleweight period. Is yours a Bendix hub you have in back or a Perry? If Bendix, you should be able to come up with one easily but Perry may leave you looking for a bit.

Jpromo said:
Schwinn used two different coaster hubs in the middleweight period. Is yours a Bendix hub you have in back or a Perry? If Bendix, you should be able to come up with one easily but Perry may leave you looking for a bit.
Its a bendix.

Latest posts

Back