RRBBO13 ♥︎ Blackheart ♥︎

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut some more tubes today and did another frame mockup...

015_FrameMockup.jpg

I think it's coming along ok :nod:

Glen.

Cool cherry bomb! I was a big fan of the Runaways in the late seventies and your project would make them girls proud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That is "reflowing" back together very nicely!

Thanks for the Walter Cronkite update as well. :D

Last edited:
I sacrificed three nuts to locate the main seat tube where it meets the cantilever tubes and started to weld in the seat tube...

017_SeatTube.jpg

But then, typically, I ran out of welding wire :mad:

Also, it sure is hard welding to rusty metal o_O

So not much more will get done until I get some more wire :rolleyes:

Glen.

I decided to make sure the back mudguard/fender fits without hitting the new seat tube...

018_FenderFit.jpg

Just millimeters to spare :whew:

Then I suddenly thought that I hadn't checked if the fat frank tyres would fit the 'guards and put one in the front 'guard. I don't think it will :cry:. Can someone tell me the width of an inflated fat frank?

I also realised that I'm going to need spokes and they are so expensive :20:, so I might end up scavenging some spokes and tyres off my unfinished 'Quadruped' build. :wondering:

Glen.

:headbang:

Well, the local Bunnings hardware shop is out of welding wire, so while I wait for them to restock, I painted the rear hub black...

019_RearHub.jpg

I masked off the "SRC3" so that any future owner of it will know what it is... and because I'd probably forget myself. Looks pretty good I reckon.

Also, @Endlesschain has kindly provided me with some spokes so I think I'll have enough to lace the wheels. :whew:

Glen.

Hi Glen,
I've just checked on my Basman : Fat Frank width is 65 millimeters, or 2.56 inches.
They're fitted on 47 mm width rims (1.87 in).

Hope it will help you ;)

Did you ever get more welding wire yet?

Probably faster to have someone send you some,than wait for the shop to resupply. After all it is NZ.:grin: Sheep walk faster than the locals...

This is coming along. I gen use heat when nothing comes apart,if you dont have a mapp torch,you can use the welder. I just weld in the same spot until it is cherry red then undo them. And just grind off the weld...Saves beating and waiting.

Latest posts

Back