★ RRB WELCOMES RUFF-CYCLES ★ - UPDATE 3/23

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★ RRB WELCOMES RUFF-CYCLES ★

Okay...here are some more shots of the frame.

I threw the 26" wheels off of my 3G Newport on here to see how it would look. With this combo...25" x 57mm wheels and 26" x 3.45" tires you have about 2.5" of clearance between the bottom of the frame and the ground. It might flex a little when you sit on it so my guess is probably 2.25" of clearance.

ruff1.jpg

ruff2z.jpg

dsc0020ev.jpg

dsc0026lt.jpg

dsc0024mh.jpg

dsc0023ci.jpg

dsc0025qr.jpg

dsc0027bo.jpg

dsc0029vr.jpg

Here's the raw finish that they come in...

dsc0030jpo.jpg

I should be getting one of the Mongoose Beast bikes in early next week so I'll have to throw that wheel and tire set on to see how it looks with those.

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey he stole my design. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Stick another tube in mine and it looks like another bike too. Wonder which one. :roll: :roll:

These frames seem to designed by someone who took different aspects of others popular frame designs, and mixed them all up together. Some portions look similar to basmans and others to choppersus frames and others too. Its totally legal but you can see it. I guess this is smart marketing? They are attractive frames and were already familiar looking when I first saw them.

Rat Rod said:
Okay...here are some more shots of the frame.

I threw the 26" wheels off of my 3G Newport on here to see how it would look. With this combo...25" x 57mm wheels and 26" x 3.45" tires you have about 2.5" of clearance between the bottom of the frame and the ground. It might flex a little when you sit on it so my guess is probably 2.25" of clearance.

I should be getting one of the Mongoose Beast bikes in early next week so I'll have to throw that wheel and tire set on to see how it looks with those.

How do you think the clearance would be with Scwhinn springer fork on it? Not a bent one but a straight one? Im just wondering how low the frame would go when you put weight on with springer forks? 24 inch tires would be too low I guess from the pictures?

Rat Rod said:
Uncle Stretch was just joking in that post. :wink:

I knew there was some joking, but I can see familiar shapes in the frames, nothing wrong with that, its not too obvious.

I guess you can compare it to the cantilever frame design...look how many companies have used that over the years. :D

I'm not an expert in European stretched cruiser frame designs so I can't really tell you the history of who built what first and who is inspired by who.

I do know that Vinz said that he design this particular frame above in 2011 so I'm guessing his inspiration was gained from what was popular over there in his part of the world.

Uncle Stretch will blatantly admit that he was trying to build a frame very similar to a Basman frame...he's just not trying to sell his to anyone. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Uncle Stretch will blatantly admit that he was trying to build a frame very similar to a Basman frame...he's just not trying to sell his to anyone. :wink:

Thats called a tribute bike :wink: :)

The 3G wheel set arrived today along with the headset.

I had these Quick Bricks and decided to see how they looked on there. Love the white walls, just not sure if they are beefy enough on this bike. They may have to do though.

Wish they made some 3.45" tires in a white wall. :x

ruff1.jpg

ruff2.jpg

ruff3.jpg

ruff4.jpg

ruff5.jpg

Look pretty good,

Thanks for all the detail shots of the frame, all the welds look pretty nice. How long is that headtube, is it shorter than normal? That alots of spacers to make that fork work on there. I was wondering how that was gonna work on there when you first posted uninstalled. Did they just make that one piece on top of the springs too long/tall?

blackcruzer said:
Thanks for all the detail shots of the frame, all the welds look pretty nice. How long is that headtube, is it shorter than normal? That alots of spacers to make that fork work on there. I was wondering how that was gonna work on there when you first posted uninstalled. Did they just make that one piece on top of the springs too long/tall?

I think that Felt designed these forks to work with their frames...which probably have a longer head tube than this frame. I could have left the spacers off and cut down the steer tube, but then the fork legs would have been angled a lot and looked weird.

He has some nice designs. There are only so many ways you can bend tubing. I look at lots of bikes and especially
ones from Europe. When I design a frame , all the ones I have looked at come into play. If its one that I really liked
then that image that is in my brain , is put into the design I'm doing. Its not copying , its just your brain designing
what you like. I think he will do well with his frames.

Latest posts

Back