★★ The Young American ★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got The Young American finished 8) All this for under $100.00 :wink:

Frame: 1974 Schwinn
Tank: 50's Schwinn
Guard: Schwinn
Bars: OCC Drag Bars
Fork: OCC Triple Trees
Seat: 70's Schwinn
Tires: Rear 26x2.125 Kenda Flame ...front 24x2.0 Innova
License Plate: Coffee can

A special thanks to: Bri-in-RI (frame, chainguard, and seat post), KOTA (rear wheel and tire), Graylock (crank and sprocket), NLCTVWguy (speedometer) RetroGlide (paint and lettering), KZ1000 (tank)!

BEFORE:
102.jpg

AFTER:
026.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

022.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

013.jpg

BUILD THREAD: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39640&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Hey Schwinnray,

Your Bike looks awesome! 8)
Really nice work.
The tank is one of my favorites.

Really nice of all the people that help too, bonus.

You carried the theme well through out
Great rake!!!

Congrats!

I salute you, for having the vision, and carrying it out perfectly...GREAT theme bike! 8)

Nice work Nick! Bike is looking great! Nice mix of parts all on the red-white-n-blue theme.

And, you're done before me! :?

Congrats and best of luck!
--Rob

Bike building, the great equalizer. I bet alot of people won't even know after voting for you that you're still a minor for years to come. You're doing great and if you stick to it, things will only get better and you'll always have an anchor in your life for stability. Skip the partying... build something. Good work.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
It turned out awesome! Great combination of old/new Schwinn, if they ever introduce a 26" chopper, they'll copy this bike!

Cheers,
Dr. T
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thanks Doc, glad I listened to you and got the "full" tank :mrgreen: Your bike looks cool too :wink:

Gold Street Customs said:
Nice Job ,thanks for not buying my slick...lol I would have had to buy it back from ya :roll:
Yeah...I like my Flame :p

I LIKED IT WITH THE ' NANA SEAT BUT EITHER WAY I LOVE THIS BIKE!! I'D CRUISE THIS ANYTIME. I'D BE RIDING DOWN THE STREET LIKE DEEBO(FROM THE MOVIE FRIDAY) SAYING " IT'S MY BIKE PUNK!!!" GREAT BUILD BUDDY! GET TA CHILLIN'!! PEACE

Latest posts

Back