★★ The Young American ★★ (DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #8 Fender "chromed")

give the clear coat a try, but when I did it, it dulled the "chrome look" back down to a grey.
I don't think I used that brand of paint however.

I think I just found a cousin to your bike. I acquired this in a trade yesterday. Its a 1985 Raleigh with the 84 olympic team paint job

Raleigh.jpg

Does anyone find it humorous that the 'Team USA' (smallest decal on the bike BTW) bike was built by a British company??....No?
OK, go back to building/riding/etc.....

Cheers,
Dr. T

Hey johnp.smith, that's very cool :D I'm off to the garage to work on a secret that will really make this a drag bike :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Hey johnp.smith, that's very cool :D I'm off to the garage to work on a secret that will really make this a drag bike :mrgreen:

Oh, a secret...

wheelie bar

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #9 Fender mount and teaser)

UPDATE #9

Got what seems like a little but a lot done today :mrgreen: And yes...it's a wheelie bar yoothgeye :wink: And its on hold because I don't have the right pipe bender :roll: Started with a piece of electrical conduit, squeezed it, cut a small strip, bent an angle on it, drilled holes, and mounted it :wink: My fender bracket only took me an hour and a half :lol: :shock: :lol:
004-3.jpg

001-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

And here's a little teaser :mrgreen:
005-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

UH OH! That looks like it goes inside of a tank. beep..beep

KOTA said:
:p OH YEAH :p

Good find on that horn. Where'd ya get it? I need one to make my Rolling Rock have an actual horn, not just a pretty button.

And those forks... are you copying me? :) Or am I copying you?

All I can say is, thanks Schwinn for making all those parts bikes, I mean OCC choppers, I mean parts bikes. :)

--Rob

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
KOTA said:
:p OH YEAH :p

Thanks Rob :D My Dad (member RADDAD) had a problem with his horn on his repop Schwinn and called the company and sent him a new one :wink: I got the one that doesn't work but I don't really care...free is free :mrgreen: Yeah, those are good donor bikes :lol:

I guess we know why the occ you are parting out has no forks! Those look great & what a perfect color for your build. I think they look great, just the right rake etc. Lookin good! I'm jealous! Amazing how long you can spend on something as simple as a bracket & such. I've spent many hours on stuff I thought would take just a few minutes. Keep up the good work. Lookin forward to seeing the finished product. 8) 8) 8)

weekend-fun said:
Hi Schwinnray, can you give me some info on the wheelie bar? I might "steal" it for another one of my bikes, if you don't mind :wink:

Sam
I will post pictures when I start :wink: My plan didn't work out in the beginning so I have to restart :)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
weekend-fun said:
Hi Schwinnray, can you give me some info on the wheelie bar? I might "steal" it for another one of my bikes, if you don't mind :wink:

Sam
I will post pictures when I start :wink: My plan didn't work out in the beginning so I have to restart :)
Ok cool!! I also recommend putting a TailDevil on the bar- it would look cool :D

Sam

weekend-fun said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
weekend-fun said:

Sam
Ok cool!! I also recommend putting a TailDevil on the bar- it would look cool :D

Sam

thats cool but
this is what he is makeing! :shock: click link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBoETwl ... BA93A52022

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBoETwl5Co&playnext=1&list=PLFE6842BA93A52022[/video]

Lookin good bro! Let me know if you need anymore OCC parts for it! LOL :lol: I still have a few left!

pick said:
Lookin good bro! Let me know if you need anymore OCC parts for it! LOL :lol: I still have a few left!
I'm trying to think of ways I can use my parts but nothing comes to mind :lol: Thanks :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
pick said:
I'm trying to think of ways I can use my parts but nothing comes to mind :lol: Thanks :D
I've got the same problem with my build. When I first got the OCC I thought I'd at least use something off of it. Still think the bars are cool, but not on this build. Maybe on the bike I'm building for my grandson. Your bike is lookin great though! I'm still waiting for some lower humidity to paint my frame etc. Very humid here the last few days. 8)

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #10 Tank, Crank, and Pedals

UPDATE #10

Got a lot done today :D Got my crank blasted, primed, painted, glossed, and mounted :wink: Also I got my tank in the mail (thanks KZ1000) :mrgreen: Also put on my NOS Schwinn pedals I got at the Rhinebeck Motorcycle Show for 5 bucks :D

:D :D The tank (mocked- up) :D :D
008-1.jpg

Before:
103.jpg

After:
003-5.jpg

"Chromed":
005-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

Pedals and crank:
011-1.jpg

009-1.jpg