★★ The Young American ★★ (DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #6 rear wheel mock-up)

r u using a bannana seat ? i have a cool blue one id let go cheap ...cause it would look cool on that bike ...ill get u a pic if u want ....MIKE

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #6 rear wheel mock-up)

Thanks Mike but I will probably be using the seat on it :wink: Thanks for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it :D

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #7 Decal Options)

UPDATE #7
Some decal options :wink: Not sure if the Clay Smith Cams decal will fit but I will try :mrgreen: Hoping to get some more...this is a drag bike 8)
002-2.jpg

RRB sticker aside, it might be cool to keep the decals all in red, white and blue (like the STP).
Keep it up young'in!

Have you figured out your seat height dilema? I've mentioned him before, but Marty at 1018 Kustoms has some cool 'lucky 7' posts that may not only set the seat back, but lower too.
http://www.1018kustoms.com/parts.html
2817195_orig.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Dr.T :wink: I'm just gonna lower my seat post :mrgreen: Yeah, I was thinking of keeping the decals all red, white and blue too :wink: The only dilema I have is that my rear wheel has "s" bends in it :( So I gotta look for a new one for cheap :|

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #8 Fender "chromed")

UPDATE #8
Finally stopped raining and got to use chrome in a can on my fender :mrgreen: May clear coat it too :wink:
003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

008.jpg

Here it is with me :mrgreen: I look weird in the pic...I know :lol:
006-1.jpg

I like the chrome fender, it repeats the chrome color from the fork.
What's planned for the rear tire? Or is it a secret (hint, 26" Jerald slick would look cool, hint, hint).

Just playing around with my tank idea and horrible MS paint skills, someone with Photoshop could make it look WAY better!
YoungAmericanidea.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah, I want one BUT they are to wide from what I here :cry:

Yeah, it's a 2.125 :wink: That's as big as it can be :) Thanks for the mock up of the tank too :mrgreen:

Looking good!

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Here it is with me :mrgreen: I look weird in the pic...I know :lol:
006-1.jpg

Weird? no...
That's just the face of a proud young man and, rightfully so.
The bobbed fender looks just about right. Just as the rest of the bike. Loving the mock-up sketch Dr Tankenstein did with that tank...
8)
Can't wait to see a reartire mounted on...

My face is fine...I'm just leaning forward A LOT :lol: Thanks for the compliments :wink:

What kind of spray chrome did you use? That looks pretty close to what I need. Lookin' good so far. 8)

It said on the can "Rustoleum Bright Coat Metallic Finish" :wink: More aluminum colored than chrome but hopefully my clearcoat will make it shine :D

JoKeR63 said:
What kind of spray chrome did you use? That looks pretty close to what I need. Lookin' good so far. 8)

im liking it, very VERY american 8)

masterpoop63 said:
im liking it, very VERY american 8)
Thanks Jake :D

Lookin great bro! Some really stiff competition here! 8)

Back