★★ The Young American ★★ (DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #3 Mock-up)

Hey johnpsmith :wink: That's a cool bike :D

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #3 Mock-up)

UPDATE #4
Cut the steering tube down to the correct size and put on my fork :D My sister helped me align them so I gotta say thanks to her :) Put on my 24x2.0 wheel and handlebars on as well :wink: Glad everyone likes it so far :mrgreen:
014.jpg

015.jpg

013-1.jpg

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #4 FORKS DONE)

Looking good with those forks :D
One of my favorite build off bikes :mrgreen:
You my friend have a contender
Have you got a tank in mind :?: :idea:

Yeah, either a half style tank or a full Schwinn one :wink: So far this builds only cost me $0 :mrgreen:

Mighty fine lookin machine there my friend! Those forks look like they were made for this build! The patriotic theme is very cool, I've never seen a frame painted up like that before. Id say go for the full tank, really make it look chopper-esque. You could even pick up one of those tanks they sell for the motorized bicycle conversion kits, paint it up (or get a chrome one :!: ) and mount it on the top bar for the full look. Cant wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve for this build :D

This is looking good, youngblood!
Are you keeping the fork color? I would. It isn't all 'matchy-match' to the blue on the rear triangle, but it work as is.

I'm definitely watching this one!

Keep it up dude!

P.S. Go 'full tank' , maybe like this poor MS Paint mockup :roll:
Schwinnraytankidea.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Looks very Cool so far ! Dig the RED WHITE and BLUE.. 8)

Yeah, I found a tank locally for a GREAT price and will be getting soon :D Forks are staying blue...it's a nice blue :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Yeah, I found a tank locally for a GREAT price and will be getting soon :D Forks are staying blue...it's a nice blue :mrgreen:

Yeah, it looks great! You know they sell that anodized look blue spray paint, would be cool to take and remask the rear and go over the existing blue with the anodized to match the fork, but keep the cool color scheme. While you had the ano blue you could use it on the seat clamp and tank and stuff.

This is the product I speak of:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalCast/

Dr. Tankenstein said:
This is looking good, youngblood!
Are you keeping the fork color? I would. It isn't all 'matchy-match' to the blue on the rear triangle, but it work as is.

I'm definitely watching this one!

Keep it up dude!

P.S. Go 'full tank' , maybe like this poor MS Paint mockup :roll:
Schwinnraytankidea.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

This would look amazing. Do these big cruiser tanks fit the stingrays or are smaller tanks made to fit them? Or am I not loking at this right? Is this a 20 inch bike or a 26 inch bike? I agree, the forks look great as is.

yoothgeye said:
You know they sell that anodized look blue spray paint, would be cool to take and remask the rear and go over the existing blue with the anodized to match the fork, but keep the cool color scheme. While you had the ano blue you could use it on the seat clamp and tank and stuff.

Yeah, that blue on the fork is a keeper.
But if you wanna try out that duplicolor 'metal-cast' paint, be sure to have bare-metal as a base (or a metal-ish paint). I'm almost sure it's a color-clearcoat you're supposed to spray over chrome or brushed aluminum etc... I think it's some sort of candy-paint(?) So it's important to have that metal(like) finish underneath!

Just some more pics because I can't stop looking at this :mrgreen: And I took the ugly reflector off :wink:
001.jpg

Nice blue :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
002.jpg

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #5 )

UPDATE #5
Got a lot done today :D Screwed on my headbadge, got my Schwinn seat for $7, and used a drill with a rust removing pad to clean up the fender :wink: Then bobbed it and might paint with chrome in a can :mrgreen:
Fender before :shock:
003.jpg

003-1.jpg

After and on the bike 8)
002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Looking COOL! Can't wait to see it with a back wheel on it.

Do you have a before photo of the length? How much did you bob?

I can't wait myself to see the final result of all Nick's hard work that has gone into this bike.He has put his whole heart and soul into this build and I am proud of him.Good luck Nick and keep up the good work.

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #6 rear wheel mock up)

UPDATE #6
Put on my rear wheel just to mock it up :wink: My seat needs to be slammed :mrgreen: It's too high for me :lol:
Sorry for the bad pics, it's raining :wink:
0013.jpg

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #6 rear wheel mock up)

NOW I can see where your going! Looks great. I like the long front end...Suddenly I feel like singing the Star Spangled Banner!
VERY COOL!

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #6 rear wheel mock-up)

Looking good ,man. :D

Back