★★ The Young American ★★ (DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #15 Chainguard Lettering)

We already knew that dad might have had his hand in this, but now that sister is on the forum too, that makes 3 contributing members... I think you broke the rules and must withdraw from the build-off. :mrgreen:

Looks great.

I agree AND the offending bike needs to be shipped to me immediately for intense forsenic study. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
We already knew that dad might have had his hand in this, but now that sister is on the forum too, that makes 3 contributing members... I think you broke the rules and must withdraw from the build-off. :mrgreen:

Looks great.

KOTA said:
RetroGlide said:
Lookin' good, Nick! 8) Thanks for crediting me on my paint jobs. :mrgreen:
I'm NOT sure. But you guys might be the very FIRST brother-sister on the forum. 8) Looking forward to YOUR first build, RetroGlide.
Oh yeah! NICE job on the lettering!....Bike keeps getting better and better, Nick.
Edited:I forgot your Dad is a member too!....Might be the first Father-son-daughter. Mom next? :lol:

Thanks Larry! :D My sister helps me with the "art" of the bike :mrgreen:

MplsCoaster said:
Hey Schwinnray and Retroglide,

Nice work both of you!! 8)

What's left?
Thanks, I have to put some decals on the fender, license plate, wheelie bar (maybe), speedo :wink:

tin machine said:
good morning young American , great job on your build , its a winner :!:
Thanks Tin Machine :D

yoothgeye said:

Looks great.

My Dad helped me put on the chain :wink: My sister did all the masking and lettering :D I did MOST of the work :mrgreen:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I agree AND the offending bike needs to be shipped to me immediately for intense forsenic study. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:

Looks great.

For a LARGE fee :lol:

Re: ★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #16 License Plate)

UPDATE #16

RetroGlide helped me out on the lettering, and I cut out the plate from a Coffee Can :wink: I put "1974' on the plate because that is the year of the frame :D

001-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-8.jpg

Lookin good bro! 8)

In all seriousness, this is a sweet ride, nice mix of 'Rat' and 'Rod'. The fact that your sis and dad helped, man, that's just cool and speaks to the unity of your family.

You are double lucky, cool bike and a cool fam.

Cheers to you all,
Dr. T

tin machine said:
great work !!!! you have a gift , you might be able to turn into a business , great job :!:
RetroGlide said:
Lookin' good, Nick! 8) Thanks for crediting me on my paint jobs. :mrgreen:

Thank you! :D Maybe I'll pick up a couple odd jobs sometime, but I'm always so busy with my brother's bikes. :mrgreen:

And thank you everyone else for the nice comments on this bike! Nick really poured his heart and soul into this thing. :D

pick said:
Lookin good bro! 8)
Thanks buddy, right back at ya :mrgreen:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
In all seriousness, this is a sweet ride, nice mix of 'Rat' and 'Rod'. The fact that your sis and dad helped, man, that's just cool and speaks to the unity of your family.

You are double lucky, cool bike and a cool fam.

Cheers to you all,
Dr. T

Thanks Doc :D Really means a lot :wink:

Believe it or not Nick did all the work himself except shortening the chain.I have little patience for mechanical things in my older years. :mrgreen:
I am more surprised everytime I see the bike.

★★ The Young American ★★ (Update #16 License Plate)

Just read this build thread start to finish. Great job!! Much like a build I'm planning on the near future. Nice, consistent theme throughout. Be proud of it!

RestoRodSchwinn said:
Just read this build thread start to finish. Great job!! Much like a build I'm planning on the near future. Nice, consistent theme throughout. Be proud of it!
Thanks, it means a lot :D

GREAT BIKE MAN!! I'LL SEE YA AT THE FINISHED PAGE. BUT FOR NOW HAT'S OFF TO YOU AND YA FAMILY! CUE THAT SLY AND THE FAMILY STONES "FAMILY AFFAIR" SONG AND ...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Hey Schwinnray,

How is The Young American riding?
Have you got any pics?

I'm still waiting for those wheelie videos :lol:
If you need some different gears to make it happen, I can help
I have lots of gears :D
I'm thinking 20 or 22 tooth hub gear
It looks like you have 44/46-18 combo now
Let me know

I hope your having fun with your cool bike!

Wheelies won't be done on this bike :lol: I'm good with singles speeds, thanks though :wink: I went for a 9 mile ride today with only one problem...I was riding along at a pretty good speed when I hear a loud crash. As the happens I feel something rubbing and stop to take a look. Somehow the nuts on my back wheel loosened COMPLETLY and smashed my tire into the fender and chainstay :shock: Luckily nothing got damaged and my Dad brought along tools. Kinda funny :mrgreen:

MplsCoaster said:
Hey Schwinnray,

How is The Young American riding?
Have you got any pics?

I'm still waiting for those wheelie videos :lol:
If you need some different gears to make it happen, I can help
I have lots of gears :D
I'm thinking 20 or 22 tooth hub gear
It looks like you have 44/46-18 combo now
Let me know

I hope your having fun with your cool bike!

Neat looking bike, Looks like you are talented beyond your years.

Latest posts

Back