★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 1)

Gold Street Customs said:
I am glad your feeling better,cool Columbia, Now time to put on your gameface ,hopefully it looks a little more intimidating than Youthgeye's...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean *this* isn't intimidating?

wow.jpg

yoothgeye said:
I am glad your feeling better,cool Columbia, Now time to put on your gameface ,hopefully it looks a little more intimidating than Youthgeye's...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow.jpg
Ok I'm scared, I quit,,,,,and he has a BADGE!!!!!

Ok I'm scared, I quit,,,,,and he has a BADGE!!!!!

It's not a real badge, I sell counterfeit badges on eBay to pay for my dial up internet and AOL subscription.

Betcha thought id forgot ya huh?! naaaahhhhh Ive been following along watching and waiting for some awesome building to gloat about!
But since you holding out I thought Id do what I do best wich is follow TinMachine around on the forums and post after him as much as possible.lol
I havent forgot your cars bud,just been busy with my 17 year old daughter coming to live with us and building my bike!among many other things.
You definately picked an awesome bike to start with! You can mail that springer to me any old time it suits you!

Ill catch up later bro!

That springer looks like it has outlived it's useful life! I think you should send it to me! Seriously bro, build is lookin good so far. I know you have some tricks up your sleeve! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys! :D Been real busy lately but got some work done today, pics to come :wink:

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 2)

UPDATE 2

Put about 6 hours of work into the frame today :shock: Sanded mostly by hand but some with the wire wheel. Still not done sanding so I'll have to finish next weekend :wink: Also sanded some of my chainguard too :D I need to get a new stem because the wedge is missing, it may have disintegrated :roll: The fork is beat up, but I have a secret for it 8)

012.jpg

013.jpg

This came out when I took the fork off :|
001.jpg

Thanks, I've got a special RRB decal to put on for when I'm done :mrgreen:

Fixed the last pic too :wink:

Xcruiser said:
That chainguard is so freakin cool man,cant wait to see what you do with it.

Hey Nick,
Nice job on the frame and chainguard! Your hard work really paid off.
They look really cool. Can't wait for see your secret...
Steve

yoothgeye said:

wow.jpg

That's not intimidating, that's just plain scary.
Of course only one person has the 007 badge for BO7

You should be able to find a wedge for that stem pretty easy unless you just want to get a new stem.

Cool chain guard.

Thanks guys! :D Really appreciate the feedback :wink: Can't wait for summer so I can work on the bike everyday instead of just weekends 8)

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 3)

UPDATE 3

Worked for another 3-4 hours today. Sanded more of the frame and got my fork mocked up. Because the back part of the fork had some heavy dents and twists in it, I completely eliminated it. Looks good like this 8) The wheels and tires in the pics aren't what I'm using.
Let me know what ya think! :mrgreen:

Fork before:
002.jpg

After and on the bike:
003.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

Sanded the frame/fork more:
009.jpg

010.jpg

Check this out 8)
013-1.jpg