★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(DONE!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After gathering parts, pieces, and screws, the build off is finally here. This year I'll be starting with a 1953 Columbia 3 Star Deluxe. It's gonna be a real Hot Rod :mrgreen: My theme is gonna be a bobber, but not just any old bobber 8) There will be a SCHWINNRAY twist as usual :mrgreen: Not sure if I can build a bike as cool as last year, but will see. The plans are secret for now, but I'll sneak a bit out...bare metal :mrgreen: Good luck to all and see you at the finish line 8)

Here's the start...
056.jpg

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★

No flu can stop a true ratter! GTB Schwinnray!! Peace

Hope you're starting to feel better.

I really liked the Young American, but to be honest, I like this frame better. I bet it's going to be awesome. Awaiting the day you submit your riding video. I wish that was a requirement for everyone so we could put practicality into play.

Good luck... as if you need it!

Thanks guys! :lol:

The video will come in a few months :wink: Hopefully it won't have to be in a small circle :mrgreen:
Got some medicine from the Doctor, but still not well :(

That is a nice frame to start with. I am really into checking out the starter threads that everyone is posting with their starter bikes and ideas.

That's one of the coolest spring forks I've seen.
I have no doubt you will exceed last year's bike, just by different means :D
It was a very cool bike but you've learned a lot more since then
I'll be watching...

tin machine said:
well young American , i already like your bike this year better than last ....cause its got rust and stuff ...and its just bad to the bone !! , i am still mad cause you got more votes than me last year !!!! ....so come on young American ...lets get it on :!: :!: :wink:

Thanks Tin Man :D I like this frame better too, different then a regular old cantilever :wink: Good luck! :p

definitely a cool frame/fork combination to start with! :D i know this will come out looking great.good luck to ya.

NICE choice!...Good luck!

Bobber will be cool with this one. I look forward to seeing wht you do.

tin machine said:
hey young american would you consider selling me your bike ? and you could pik another bike to build ? :mrgreen:

I'd trade it for the one in your avatar :wink: :mrgreen:

Great starting material! Can't wait to see you work your magic on it! 8)

Ready to see some ideas to steal.
Cool springer.

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 1)

UPDATE 1

Took the frame apart today, only a couple tough bolts :mrgreen: Still have to pull the fork off :D
017.jpg

I'll finish cleaning these tomorrow :wink:
018.jpg

Re: ★★ Hot Rod Deluxe ★★(UPDATE 1)

That's getting sanded and then painted :wink: I gotta clean the bearings and the middle of the crank arms :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back