★★★Hutch Pro Racer Project ★★★(DONE DONE DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★★Hutch Pro Racer Project ★★★(Getting Closer!!!)

Very cool! That's what I love about RatRodBikes.... the diversity. Old School BMX, vintage British style path racers, super rats, full customs, and everything else that is cool. I'll be following this one to see the progression. Cool project, Tyler!

John

This is really a clean bike in person, takes me back..... :roll:

BTW, after knowing what you have to pay for the vintage BMX stuff, if you EVER hear me saying "Maybe I'll build a little puddle jumper", please shoot me (before my wife does!) :mrgreen:

Cool thing is, I can always come over and ride yours! Thanks pal! :mrgreen:

Just in case you worried about getting your $$$ back some day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hutch-Pro-Racer-/290587776037?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a8619425

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
This is really a clean bike in person, takes me back..... :roll:

BTW, after knowing what you have to pay for the vintage BMX stuff, if you EVER hear me saying "Maybe I'll build a little puddle jumper", please shoot me (before my wife does!) :mrgreen:

Cool thing is, I can always come over and ride yours! Thanks pal! :mrgreen:

Just in case you worried about getting your $$$ back some day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hutch-Pro-Racer-/290587776037?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a8619425

Cheers,
Dr. T
Mine is even a bit more "Correct" than that one. I'm going to keep mine for a while, I cant sell it quite yet. I like it too much! 8) 8) 8)

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Double Nickle said:
Ive got a surprise for y'all 8)
It's done! :eek: :? :eek:
Actually not even close. I took everything apart. Switch out the 82 frame with a 84 frame, Powder coated the frame fork and bars white, ordered chrome decals and re chromes a few parts. Gunna look sick 8)

Before
s3.jpg

s4.jpg

After
P8120969.jpg

P8120964.jpg

P8120970.jpg

Re: ★★★Hutch Pro Racer Project ★★★(Some Fresh Chrome!)

Don’t make fun...I had my Hutch complete until I found a guy that does powder coating for a killer price. So I took everything off, and let him powder the frame forks and bars gloss white. In the process I found a company that chrome plates in my town. I never knew it was there. Took him the seat post to get re-chrome and had it back by the next day.

If I’m going spend this much on a bike I might as well have it perfect. But don’t worry, I’m not Upside down…Yet :roll:

Re: ★★★Hutch Pro Racer Project ★★★(WHITE WHITE WHITE)

That's UGLY! I'll be right over to get it out of the shop and save your eyes from the torture!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I hate to say it, but that might be as clean as one of Steve's, maybe :roll:

Gotta get the numbers of the coater and chromer from you.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
That's UGLY! I'll be right over to get it out of the shop and save your eyes from the torture!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I hate to say it, but that might be as clean as one of Steve's, maybe :roll:

Gotta get the numbers of the coater and chromer from you.

Cheers,
Dr. T
The powder caoting was done at South East Custom Chopper Shop in Dallas, And the chrome was done at Dallas Plating. The owner over at the chopper shop told me to tell the guy at the desk at dallas plating to put the chrome work I needed on his(the chopper owner's) tab!!! So I came out paying $0.00 for my new chrome seat post 8)

Geez...it looks GREAT! :shock: Can't wait to see it done :wink:

All I need is that magic camera Steve has to show off its cleanliness :wink:

Latest posts

Back