★★★Hutch Pro Racer Project ★★★(DONE DONE DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Well here is my next project...My first ever Hutch Pro Racer. Its beat up and scared but its gunna be looking smooth after I get done with it.

Just a little Pic to get the juices flowing!
HutchTeam83.jpg

Here she is... 8)

P6150702.jpg

P6150711.jpg

P6150704.jpg

P6150706.jpg

Best design feature ever to come to bikes! The Loop tail :shock:

P6150709.jpg

P6150713.jpg

Its not a Hutch seat post but It has a pretty rare Hutch sticker on it. The sticker was given to the racers..Rocket'Housemen come's from the Hutch racer Rocket Rich Houseman!

P6150715.jpg

P6150714.jpg

a0deea03-8dfe-4511-84ca-f6b72deca1e9l.jpg

Some Arayas 8)

P6150716.jpg

P6150717.jpg

P6150718.jpg

Some SR hubs...

P6150719.jpg

P6150721.jpg

I really need to get the frame to perfect condition. I found the Decals I need but they are 49.99 :shock:
If anyone knows some secrets to bring back chrome please let me know!

Thanks,
Tyler

Re: ★★★Hutch Pro Racer Project ★★★

Welcome to the world of Hutch, hope you have deep pockets! As for the chrome, give it an OA bath to treat the little bit of rust in the welds then use this- http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_ ... cream_jar/

I havent found anything that works better and it will make that thing bling like a Hutch should. I caught the Old School BMX bug when I bought my Pro Racer now less than 2 months later I have a Hutch, Cycle Craft Cruiser, 2 Redlines and another Redline frame on the way! Good luck my friend...Im sure this wont be your last :wink:

With some hard work and elbow grease you can have it looking like this one. :wink:

DSC_0002-2.jpg

I just bought some replacement decals...now to get the others off. And no my pockets aren't deep at all. I'm only 16. My pocket are as shallow as they come. BUT, I sell alot of bike parts and only spend the money they bring for more bike parts. Best system that I've ever used to fund this hobby!

Got yourself a nice frame there buddy :wink: . Now this is just me but the OG decals don`t to be all that bad. Now keep this in mind that this is a U.S. made frame, so ... you don`t see those too often especially with the decals in tact like those. Get the repops and use them but give the frame the OA bath with the OG decals on, it ain`t gonna hurt `em. Build it up and see what she looks like then if you no likey you can put the repops on. Just remember, when the old ones come off they`re toast and they`ll be gone, forever. That is the bike they came on. Just something to think about.

Very true but what I wanna know is how is the value effected when leaving the originals on vs. Repops...

And btw what's a OA bath???

If it were me I'd replace the decals...but I'm a perfectionist. :mrgreen:

I used a straight razor blade and some WD40 to remove some of the decals off of the bike posted above.

I sangged it over at the museum for $125. As for the rims..... free with some parts from a trade!

A long hunt is ahead,

Looking for...
Sugino 3 piece crank set.
Race inc bars.
NOS Cream/White dirt tires.
Oakley grips.
Hutch layed back seat post.
Tuff Neck Stem.
Hutch forks. ( Found some but dont really want to pay what they want for them!)

Ahhh, The wonderful world of Old School BMX... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Parts Update...

Hutch spider, Hi-Caliber Seat, Hutch Seat Post, Hutch Bars, Hutch Forks

P6200731.jpg

P6200733.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

49cmRaleighnameitbars007.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

Who Said only Kids swim In kiddie pools :roll:

P6200734.jpg

Re: ★★★Hutch Pro Racer Project ★★★(Parts Update!)

Great update!

Curious about the pink seat too. :lol:

Has the moment since passed? :lol: That bike is coming together nice...and quick!

In all seriousness I do like the pink and black seat and plan to accent the bike with some other pink touches. Also NOS white comp III tires are on the way!

The frame is out of the acid, decals are off, and the chrome is restored...Ready for the new decals. :wink:

Double Nickle said:
In all seriousness I do like the pink and black seat and plan to accent the bike with some other pink touches. Also NOS white comp III tires are on the way!

The frame is out of the acid, decals are off, and the chrome is restored...Ready for the new decals. :wink:

I was only kidding as well. Id sell off a few of my bikes if I could get my hands on a pink Hutch Hollywood.

Latest posts

Back