★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$50 in the bank... Left voicemail with Tim... I would prefer to not have to pay shipping... he used to sell these to us with free shipping which came out to an even $48.... With shipping it is $72.50... OUCH :shock:

Kota should have the fork by now so says UPS tracking.

KOTA got the forks at 1:45 Eastern time.

Getting everything ready for a BAD (hurricane) weekend.

The only reservation I have is, I always bend a fork with the tire and wheel I'm going to use...I have neither. I'm going to mount a Kenda Flame on a rim and see how it fits. I don't imagine a Jerald slick is TALLER than the Flame. If anybody knows differently, let me know....The last auction bike was easy. We used a 24" tire and wheel and the illustration should a space from the top of the tire to the crown of the fork. I'll try to mount everything tonight.

KOTA said:
KOTA got the forks at 1:45 Eastern time.

Getting everything ready for a BAD (hurricane) weekend.

The only reservation I have is, I always bend a fork with the tire and wheel I'm going to use...I have neither. I'm going to mount a Kenda Flame on a rim and see how it fits. I don't imagine a Jerald slick is TALLER than the Flame. If anybody knows differently, let me know....The last auction bike was easy. We used a 24" tire and wheel and the illustration should a space from the top of the tire to the crown of the fork. I'll try to mount everything tonight.

How bad you gonna get hit? I hope all goes well... Thoughts and prayers... 8)

garagegoon said:

Thanks...Don't know yet. Media is telling everybody to be prepared. I thought I was obsessed with this bike thing...BUT, my WIFE told me to get the bikes out of the shed and into the house (well actually I think she meant "her" bikes)!

KOTA said:
garagegoon said:

Thanks...Don't know yet. Media is telling everybody to be prepared. I thought I was obsessed with this bike thing...BUT, my WIFE told me to get the bikes out of the shed and into the house (well actually I think she meant "her" bikes)!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Best hurry and get that done... gotta keep the wife happy!!! (and the bikes safe)... :D

And... from rim to top of the tire is 2" exactly on a Jerald tire.... Hope that helps...

And... Hurricanes are no excuse for not getting work done on this bike.... just saying.... :lol:

garagegoon said:
And... Hurricanes are no excuse for not getting work done on this bike.... just saying.... :lol:

Well watch the news. If you see a helicopter rescue and the guy is holding a fork..That could be me.

KOTA said:
garagegoon said:

Well watch the news. If you see a helicopter rescue and the guy is holding a fork..That could be me.

Thats what I'm talkin about...dedication!!! RRB thanks you for your continued support during these difficult times.... :lol:

KOTA said:
garagegoon said:

That my friends is dedication! Hope you can dodge the bullet!

Okay..Mounted a Kenda Flame on a front rim. From the rim to the top of the tire is exactly 1 3/4". That leaves me with 5/8" space to the crown on the fork. If the Jerald slick is 2" from the rim to the top of the tire, that's going to be 3/8" space to the crown NOW. In other words, fork doesn't need to be bent. The slick will almost touch the crown without bending. Even with the "slightest" bend. tire will rub.........Who gets it next?

It's gonna look KILLER with a slick on the front!

garagegoon said:
mikesbikes36 gets the fork next for truss rodz and mounting of RRB plate.... 8)
PM sent

Suprised we have not heard from herr_rudolf on this build.... He has not been on RRB for a bit.... 8)

UPDATE:

Ok... Just heard from him... He is just now walking out the door to go to London for a couple days... Will check in when he gets back...

Ok... thanks to a generous contribution by texasbigjon we now $70 clams in the pot!!! :shock:

So... should I wait to see if Tim gets back with me and possibly get free shipping... or... just order the rubber and get it here asap and spend more :?:

Forks are in the mail. They're "supposed" to arrive Monday. :roll:

Latest posts

Back