★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★We have a frame now!!

KOTA said:
You wanted ideas and constructive criticism. :lol: ...Here ya go. You MUST have a TRIPLE crown fork, it's one of the major features in the illustration. It also has a "slight" bend to it. You'll notice the top of the tire is just even or slightly higher then the crowns....Now where can we get those forks bent, ever so slightly? :roll:
I agree with the triple crown fork, but maybe shortened not slightly bent... IDK... just my two cents. :)

I have this fork its a 3 crown looks like 4 in photo but thats the cap trim. Has enough length to lower about an inch just redrilling abnd cutting I need to weld a new steerer to it
I could bend if needed if you want I can set it up (weld Trim bend ) and send to mikesbikes or do the whole thing. Going to cut the tube tonight and sandblast it tommorow

dscf2743p.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-21

dscf2744u.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-21

dscf2742p.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-08-21
Gary

Mike you want me to shorten and weld the steerer on and send it to you bare or in primer. any body know a tire oa diameter for the drop?

Ok... Ok.... All sounds good... I like that fork as well.... so...

XC204 donates the fork... does the little fix magic on it... send it to KOTA for slight bend work since that is his specialty... KOTA sends it to mikesbikes36 for kustom truss work since he called it first and I would like to see this kind of truss rods on the bike... Double Nickle makes the RRB plate and sends it raw to mikesbikes36 for final mounting... then the final product hits my shop for finnish and mounting to the bike..... 8)

Cool all I need is : 1) Kota pm address to me.
2) Steerer tube length from bottom of lower race Dont forget truss rod bracket
3) do you want me to shorten by about an inch or have Kota do it after bend?
4) mike do you have a truss rod bracket? I have a schwinn and monark let
me know if you need one
should be able to ship it out by the end of the week.
Gary

garagegoon said:

XC204 donates the fork... does the little fix magic on it... send it to KOTA for slight bend work since that is his specialty... KOTA sends it to mikesbikes36 for kustom truss work since he called it first and I would like to see this kind of truss rods on the bike... Double Nickle makes the RRB plate and sends it raw to mikesbikes36 for final mounting... then the final product hits my shop for finnish and mounting to the bike..... 8)

+1 I'm with ya, I think?

I was lookin at the cranks and they look like 3pc. I don't have any extra, if I did I would send em to ya. if they are not does anyone have any dog leg crank and a 2 sp kickback with skip tooth? now that would look good on this build. 8)

Outlaw :)

garagegoon said:

Team work at its finest

Or, I can send you the forks from the frame that was used for the first auction build:

169rlox.jpg

cman said:
It needs a custom truss fork if possible.

Jeff Jones designed a nice one.
http://www.jonesbikes.com/bike_design.html
jones-29er-fork.jpg

Or Black Sheep Faith fork
http://www.bicycling.com/gearfinderprod ... gfid=12970

1001_black_sheep_faith_fork.jpg

well if im makin the rods 2 resemble these i need a place 2 mount that top piece...i thought that was they route we were going on the forks ...i can do either way dosent matter...i like the top set the best...but it dosent really look like the picsture so i can do em just like that too ...just let me know for sure were we r goin ... :D

XC204 said:
I have this fork its a 3 crown looks like 4 in photo but thats the cap trim. Has enough length to lower about an inch just redrilling abnd cutting I need to weld a new steerer to it
I could bend if needed if you want I can set it up (weld Trim bend ) and send to mikesbikes or do the whole thing. Going to cut the tube tonight and sandblast it tommorow

Gary if you have the fork that's going to be used and you feel comfortable in doing all the work, bending, cutting and welding, truss rods ..GO for it. It's fine with me. My only suggestion would be to have, at least the tire that's going to be used on the bike. Looks like there isn't much of a bend needed. But if it's over bent, tire and wheel won't fit.

Kota I'll just fix it ,send it to you for bending then from you to mikebikes for the truss rods
Thanks
Gary

BUMP for more attention! Line up now to donate! :) :mrgreen:

pick said:
BUMP for more attention! Line up now to donate! :) :mrgreen:

Keep er alive.... :wink:

This fork fought me tonight! the lower end of the orig steerer tube was two concentric tubes brased together every time I got a little way into the butt weld it would spit brass at me had to sleve the outside of the tubes. Oh and yes the bearings will go over the sleeve. One 3 crown fork on the way to Koda tommorow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back