★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PartTwo.jpg

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I can get a seat post, what kind :?:

Lets see what the frame is first that I am going to pick up... It may already have a post in it... not sure of year of frame so not sure of diameter of post needed.... Will probably get frame this evening... so by tommorow I should know what the skinny is.... :mrgreen:

garagegoon said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

Lets see what the frame is first that I am going to pick up... It may already have a post in it... not sure of year of frame so not sure of diameter of post needed.... Will probably get frame this evening... so by tommorow I should know what the skinny is.... :mrgreen:
Sounds good :D By the way, how is this gonna look :? Boardtracker, cruiser... :?:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
garagegoon said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:

Sounds good :D By the way, how is this gonna look :? Boardtracker, cruiser... :?:

It is going to look like this...give or take....

197171_202530159769083_100000363004937_707281_7859109_n.jpg

Re: ★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★We have a frame now!!

So, late last night... or the wee hours of the morning... This was found.. looked through a handfull of CWC frames and this was the only one that had a curved bottom bar.... 8)

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

I think I am going to put some chrome ones on that I have... Thank you though... Unless you think we should paint all chrome white to be as close to the picture as possible.....

Sugestions?

Peatbog,
I'd say thos look spot on!

garagegoon,
Are you 'envisioning' a 'weatherd' look like your Flying Falcon, or a shiny 'polished' look with gloss black frame/fork?

Just askin'...... :roll:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Peatbog,
I'd say thos look spot on!

garagegoon,
Are you 'envisioning' a 'weatherd' look like your Flying Falcon, or a shiny 'polished' look with gloss black frame/fork?

Just askin'...... :roll:

Cheers,
Dr. T

I think a polished look is what I am going for... gloss black and chrome... maybe just do the wheel hoops in a gloss white to match the RRB plate on front of bike....

Oh boy! :mrgreen:

hey if ur gonna use those blue forks on this build ..how much left over room r u gonna have once u get it in there and get all ur heatset stuff on it ,,,is it a girls fork ? cause if i make the top of the forks like the ones in the pictures there gonna have 2 b longer..ya know
if not i belive i have a black set just like those off a old girls schwinn bike that may work ,,,how long is ur headtube .from cup 2 cup ...im ready 2 get these babies started .... :D

I think the coolest accent color would be an off-white/ivory instead of bright white. I think it would up the vintage vibe a bit. Just puttin' in a couple of pennies.

quick question here ....why isnt there more ppl interested in this,....in the original thread there were all kinds of ppl tossin out ideas ...now on this thread,its like the same 5 or 6 guys ....what happend ? just wonderin :D

Kingzebba1 said:
I was wandering the same thing..
mikesbikes36 said:
quick question here ....why isnt there more ppl interested in this,....in the original thread there were all kinds of ppl tossin out ideas ...now on this thread,its like the same 5 or 6 guys ....what happend ? just wonderin :D

That's easy. We just finished a "build off", everyone might be a little burnt out. It's great that 5 or 6 people stepped up. More than likely after some progress has taken place, MORE will jump in. Heck, I didn't donate the fork on the first one until they had been building for a few months!......As soon as it's realized that there are parts that are REALLY, REALLY needed, people will come forward.....Might have to take a collection for the TWO slicks that will MAKE the bike. :lol:

Latest posts

Back