★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikesbikes36 said:
so do u guys still need me 2 build the forks with the rods on em or what ...??? i didnt see my name on the list so i was wonderin!!!

Well... I have to get forks and frame still... I do have a nice old set of truss rods that can be mated up to a fork... Just without the parts not sure of direction yet... Once I get the fork I will know what to do... Clear as mud yes?

garagegoon said:
Double Nickle said:
garagegoon said:
Double Nickle ... I think on that RRB plate all we need is a nice clean oval piece of steel... I would like to weld it to the truss rods to make permanent... then I will paint it white post welding... I have a machine to print and cut out vinyle letters to place on after completion.....
So all you need me to do is cut it out and send it to you.

If that is ok... What were you thinkin? Im just building ideas at the moment...
I will do whatever you need me to do, I was just going to get some RRB Decals made and powder coat the plate off white and send it to you to mount.

I was thinkin about that... other than zip tying it on there I could not think of another way... wanted something clean... Any ideas? Im up for not having to weld onto truss rods...

garagegoon said:
I was thinkin about that... other than zip tying it on there I could not think of another way... wanted something clean... Any ideas? Im up for not having to weld onto truss rods...
No clue...But you tell me, You the boss man :D

hey send that plate along with the forks ill figure out how 2 make some mounts and we can just bolt it 2 the rods on the forks ....prolly be pretty easy really !!!! MIKE

I aint no boss man... I am just the labor... go ahead and do the plate color and lettering and all and it will send it to Mike for final bolt up... kool... kool... 8)

yeah sounds good by me ...i was thinkin about doin a mock up fork this weekend ...just 2 see if u all like the flavor ....sound like a plan ? did u guys like the first pic or the second one better ....?

u may not want 2 paint that plate till i figure out how 2 mount it ya know ...may have 2 weld something 2 the back of it 2 make it work .....sound good ...lmk

mikesbikes36 said:
yeah sounds good by me ...i was thinkin about doin a mock up fork this weekend ...just 2 see if u all like the flavor ....sound like a plan ? did u guys like the first pic or the second one better ....?

u may not want 2 paint that plate till i figure out how 2 mount it ya know ...may have 2 weld something 2 the back of it 2 make it work .....sound good ...lmk

All this sounds good to me..... What you think Double Nickle.... :?:

Looks like we have a frame... I just have to go pick it out of a friends pile of CWC bikes... :D

Kingzebba1 said:
What kinda seat are you thinkin?

I like vintage womens seats... gives ya that old style in a smaller size... what do you have laying around?

This is what I chose for my build off bike.... But... Just look at the t shirt design and try to picture whats under racers butt.... If you think it will look good on the bike... then thats what we will put on it....

025.jpg

I have a Brooks B66 in black. You may want something a little more vintage and a little bigger. Let me know what you think. I would be more than happy to give it up for RRB. 8)
a003.jpg

I think that would be a perfect seat... Has a good vintage look to it... Plus it will match the all black look we are goin for...

I've got the solid chainwheel, should you still need it.

Sadly, the only set of crescent bars that I had to cut down turned out to be bent on one side.

EDIT: As it turns out, I also have a couple of 36-hole drum brake front hubs (off an old downhill-racing off-road wheelchair), HOWEVER they're probably meant for a moped. They use 1/2" axles and 11g (.120") spokes.

If you don't mind modifying the fork to fit a larger axle, and lacing up with 12g spokes, I could send a hub along.

Latest posts

Back