RRBBO13 ○〇◯ Holeshot ◯〇○ What... Me Worry? FINISHED Trek CNC Rail Checkered Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o_O

Looks like you're almost done. Are you on track for fastest ever build in a build off, or has there been faster? :39:

Glen.

It's going to take me 2.9 months to make a decision on handlebars :D

So many posts on day one only you king fish . Your draining the inter webs . What about us little guppies. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of which, are you going to remove some of those spacers, and run a stem out from under the top triple-clamp?

I hadn't thought about that?? I was even thinking of clip on bars.

So many posts on day one only you king fish . Your draining the inter webs . What about us little guppies. [emoji13]

LOL! Everything just flowed nicely tonight when I got home. I need to do what I can when I can because I know I'll be out of town alot in May and June.

LOL! Everything just flowed nicely tonight when I got home. I need to do what I can when I can because I know I'll be out of town alot in May and June.

Yes work takes over some time I know what ya mean bro.

I dig the fork man I would wonder how it would look if you slid it down some . Basically a shorter looking fork . Just as a test fit without cutting it .

I dig the fork man I would wonder how it would look if you slid it down some . Basically a shorter looking fork . Just as a test fit without cutting it .

Sliding the bottom plate down would mess up the springer geometry.

I did have time to test two sets of bars tonight. Not happy with either set really.

Here are the clubman bars. I may try to flip these and see how they look.

20180501_195608.jpg
20180501_195616.jpg
20180501_195629.jpg

Here are the teardrop small apes.

20180501_195920.jpg
20180501_195925.jpg
20180501_195939.jpg

I bet you could get to neutral trail if a skinny 700C will clear that fork brace.

I'll have to dig one up from my stash.

Man...you're almost done! :13:

Nah, I almost have a rider, but some things aren't right and I still have some ideas on this one. I gotta fill those holes with soup cans. :D

I see what for folks are saying about lowering the stem/bars, but, I also know your vision is to have a classic 70s chopper look for this one.
I’m not familiar with he construction of the Spoiler forks, but from the pictures it looks like the main legs and steer tube (looks to be threadless) could be cut down without impacting the springer action.

Like I said, I’m not an expert in this fork. I do know that the ones on the OCC Stingray had nuts welded into the tops of the main legs that the top plate bolted into.

Is that the case here?
Maybe some closeups of that area would help?

I see what for folks are saying about lowering the stem/bars, but, I also know your vision is to have a classic 70s chopper look for this one.
I’m not familiar with he construction of the Spoiler forks, but from the pictures it looks like the main legs and steer tube (looks to be threadless) could be cut down without impacting the springer action.

Like I said, I’m not an expert in this fork. I do know that the ones on the OCC Stingray had nuts welded into the tops of the main legs that the top plate bolted into.

Is that the case here?
Maybe some closeups of that area would help?

As you can tell from the pics, these forks can support a much longer headtube. They are threadless, but the top plate only has a pass thru hole for the steertube. The top plate screws over the stationary fork tubes. I actually haven't looked to see what type of nut is used inside of the fork tubes. I was assuming it is similar to the kind used in the threadless steer tube.

I have a few ideas I want to play around with first, but I may very well end up cutting a few inches off of the top of the fork tubes to bring the top plate down. We'll see how it shakes out.

Got a little distracted on the way home from work. I don't think I'll be doing any work on Holeshot tonight. :D

31755247_614070398934248_3945083072336101376_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back