█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/19 Logo Teaser

mitchelangelo said:
that is a sweet Lucky 7 logo! :D

Thanks Mitch. Cool story around the logo that I will share later.

Looks like I am in your neck of the woods this week. We have been meeting in Charlotte all week.

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/20 Logo Story

Last year, I gave the top three winners a bonus trophy of some fake RRB Build Off Beer Bottles. I had a blast collaborating with Petrohead (1st place winner) on making the labels much better than my original design.

WP_000177.jpg

Well, a few weeks ago, I planned on building a panel behind the seatpost and above the chainguard and I wanted to create a racing number with some cool lettering. I sketched up some stuff and sent it to Jason for some feedback and hoping he could help me find some cooler fonts. I really wanted it to have a Big Daddy Ed Roth vibe to it. Well played around a bit and this is the result of our collaboration. I really think the flies are the perfect tip of the hat to Rat Fink.

FlexlinerRevised.jpg

I decided on the single line because as you will see in some to the following mock ups, the doubline gets a bit jumbled as you are farther away from the bike.

Thanks again Petrohead!!!!!! Once again you rock!!! I still hope you find time to join us in BO7!!!! I hope some of that wicked Rat Racer 6 karma flows over to Flex-Liner 7.

I played around with different sizes of the logo and even thought about what metal to make the panel from.

WP_001864.jpg

WP_001865.jpg

WP_001871.jpg

But in the end I liked the smaller size.

WP_001874.jpg

I just had it hanging with scotch tape and once I started looking at the photos on the PC, I really thought it was cool the way it looked like the logo was floating in the air.

WP_001876.jpg

The bike is looking great B!! How about plexi glass.When ya make t-shirts put me down for a medium or large :wink: Peace

I decided that I wasn't going to build the metal panel and I was going to try to find a way to make it look like the numbers where floating.

I figured I could mount the logos on two disks that were parallel with the sides of the bike and a bolt going through them . Then have some aluminum flat bar mounted on the kickstand bolt coming up to middle of teh bolt. I mocked this up completely with just the paper logos, some tape and some wadded up aluminum foil as the bolt and flat bar support. Not pretty, but it was good enough for mockup.

Jakes uses a butter knife, I use aluminum foil. :p

WP_001878.jpg

WP_001879.jpg

WP_001880.jpg

Since then I have an even cooler way to handle the floating engineering. I haven't test it yet, but you will see it when I get there.

Jake Sensi said:
The bike is looking great B!! How about plexi glass.When ya make t-shirts put me down for a medium or large :wink: Peace

Thanks Jake, I like the plexi idea, but these logo disks are going to actually float. I am not ready to reveal the secret magic trick I plan for them just yet though.

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex 6/20 FLOATING!!!! Logo Story

Can't wait to see your next trick 8) 8)

Circa Cycles said:

Who knows, I just might pull a bunny out of a hat. 8)

rabbit-in-hat.jpg

:lol: :lol:

kingfish254 said:
Circa Cycles said:

Who knows, I just might pull a bunny out of a hat. 8)

rabbit-in-hat.jpg
Do it like Bull Winkle.

Smoke, mirrors, magnets, beer, bunnies and magic (in no particular order) :mrgreen:

This just keeps getting better and better, hopefully I can get a 'sneak peek' in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Smoke, mirrors, magnets, beer, bunnies and magic (in no particular order) :mrgreen:

This just keeps getting better and better, hopefully I can get a 'sneak peek' in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Dr. T

You bet Tank.

Maybe I will make the logo disks float with electro magnets where it will spin as I ride along. 8)

Peatbog said:
You know, that aluminum-foil-for-mocking-up-stuff is a good idea.

Thanks peat, it really is handy for mockups and even molding a shape of somehting you have an idea for.

This segment brought to you by the great folks at REYNOLDS WRAP the choice of RatRodders everywhere, get yours today!

Great idea :!: I used to use it for wrapping wiring harness's before painting in the engine compartments and areas you couldn't tape.
Really diggin this build ! :) 8) Tom

bike2112 said:
Are you getting close on the nano technology for your floating logo's. Can't wait to see them!!!!!

Not quite, I know exactly what I will be doing, but I need to work on other areas of the bike first.

I just sat out in the shop with a notebook and tried to work out lists of everything that still needs to be done on this ride. Kind of daunting when you see it all on paper!

largek9 said:
This segment brought to you by the great folks at REYNOLDS WRAP the choice of RatRodders everywhere, get yours today!

Great idea :!: I used to use it for wrapping wiring harness's before painting in the engine compartments and areas you couldn't tape.
Really diggin this build ! :) 8) Tom

Thanks Tom, Duct tape is not the only tool out there for mockups. I have also been using the silver foil tape a lot lately. It's great with a chrome bike.

kingfish254 said:
bike2112 said:
Are you getting close on the nano technology for your floating logo's. Can't wait to see them!!!!!

Not quite, I know exactly what I will be doing, but I need to work on other areas of the bike first.

I just sat out in the shop with a notebook and tried to work out lists of everything that still needs to be done on this ride. Kind of daunting when you see it all on paper!
See why we're Brothers?!? I do the same thing and the bike whispering. YBJ2B!!

Jake,
I usually keep it in this big ole melon head of mine, but lately I felt like I was jumping around a bit and I needed to do an inventory of what else is needed. Especially when there are six weeks left.

I wonder if I can get the Mary Jane Girls to pose in my photo shoot.

IBJ2B!!!!!! Love it!!!

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlexSpaceliner 6/22 Stickshift Plan

I don't think I am going to cut up the skipttoh chainring to make my shifter handle extension.
I kind of liked the idea of using a coaster brake arm. The shape is about right but they may be a little small.

I mocked up the size and general shape I think I need.

First Gear
WP_001932.jpg

Seventh Gear
WP_001933.jpg

I think I might get one of these red 7 ball drawer pulls to mount at the forward end sticking out from the side.
$(KGrHqRHJFUE9195gtlRBPfH(jWRiw~~60_3.JPG

I think I might use this stuff to make it.
WP_001934.jpg

Latest posts

Back