█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex 6/12 Do You Hear Me Major Tom?

kingfish254 said:
I think the wingless eagle from the chopped 54 Chevy hod ornament is going to be my light bracket.

WP_001859.jpg
I Love this bike!!! keep up the great work kingfish

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/12 Spaceship! Page 36

I've been missing updates on your build for some reason(probably went to long without telling you how cool your bike is) and been too busy to look it up on the forum,until today. :oops: Not gonna happen again.I can't believe the progress you've made :shock: :shock:

That's one great bike you've got goin' :!: Love the imagination being applied.Keep up the great work :wink:

Sidetrack to share with my build brothas!!! Let's take a break and explore some cool shop music.

Listening to some G' Love as I surf around the forum. Saw G. Love and Special Sauce at a free concert last year and really dig his hip hop blues style.
Philly boy that plays with heart and a whole lotta soul. You gotta love a guy that can make a 20 year carreer of playing Dobro and rappin while he do what he do!!!!! If you haven't discovered Mister G, grab yourself a "Cold Beverage" and wish yah baby was sweet like mine "She Got Sauce". His newer stuff is cool and more bluesy/folksy, but this here boy is the real thing!!!

He used to be a bike courier and I know there are a couple of vids with him riding bikes.

Try some of his stuff out and have fun. He's got a cool sense of humor to a lot of his stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhRnDqCJu8Q

Scootbomb said:
Love that headlight and bracket! :wink:

Thanks man, both came from fellow RRBers. I think it will work out well!

Circa Cycles said:
I've been missing updates on your build for some reason(probably went to long without telling you how cool your bike is) and been too busy to look it up on the forum,until today. :oops: Not gonna happen again.I can't believe the progress you've made :shock: :shock:

That's one great bike you've got goin' :!: Love the imagination being applied.Keep up the great work :wink:

No prob Circa and thanks for the cool props!!!!
I have been watching EVERY build cuz you gotta stay on top of what the other build brothas are doing or they just might sneak up on ya and blow your mind!!!!! :p
Speaking of mind blowing, what's new with da bat?????

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex 6/12 Do You Hear Me Major Tom?

Bigdaddy772 said:
kingfish254 said:
I think the wingless eagle from the chopped 54 Chevy hod ornament is going to be my light bracket.

WP_001859.jpg
I Love this bike!!! keep up the great work kingfish

Thanks Mister Daddy!!!!!

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/15 Truss Wings?

I was looking at the photo above and thinking about truss rods, but I think truss rods that come all the way up to the stem would detract from the beehive.

Then it hit me. I have a wingless eagle there and I don't want PETA coming after me. It may be time for some bird rescue work.

Crank up some "Little Wing" from Hendrix and tell me what you think of my truss wings idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuB76z1GTKs

truss1-1.jpg

I was actually thinking "if you could just extend the nose cone of the spaceship another 10 to 12 inches or so..." I bet you would get some puzzled looks as you rode by. LOL

Seriously...glad to hear you are altering it...I was concerned for your "wellbeing" also.

You know, when I first looked at the picture of the truss rod wings I thought " Too much " ...
But I looked at it again, and for a bit longer, and then I thought, " No, that works real well " ...
It has balance, or adds balance to the bike ... You have three lines in the back of the bike with the Spaceliner frame and Meteor attached, and now you have three lines in the front with the forks, springer and now the truss wings ... Very nice ...

The only question I have is are you going to cut the "tail" off the eagle ?
Because I don't think it looks good going in a straight line over the front tire ...
Cut off in line with the back of the fork and it just being a bracket for the light ( which is a Cool idea ) looks Good ...
But as a fender you'd have to bend it, and I'm not sure that's possible ....
My 2 cents..Carry On ...
Keep going ...

whoinphx said:
You know, when I first looked at the picture of the truss rod wings I thought " Too much " ...
But I looked at it again, and for a bit longer, and then I thought, " No, that works real well " ...
It has balance, or adds balance to the bike ... You have three lines in the back of the bike with the Spaceliner frame and Meteor attached, and now you have three lines in the front with the forks, springer and now the truss wings ... Very nice ...

The only question I have is are you going to cut the "tail" off the eagle ?
Because I don't think it looks good going in a straight line over the front tire ...
Cut off in line with the back of the fork and it just being a bracket for the light ( which is a Cool idea ) looks Good ...
But as a fender you'd have to bend it, and I'm not sure that's possible ....
My 2 cents..Carry On ...
Keep going ...

Thanks a lot for the good feedback Who!!

Feel free to tell me if you think I am going "too far" with anything. It is easy to do.

Looking at the truss wing photo, I don't think I will make the wings so wide at the top. They would still start wid at the body, but quickly curve into something more proportinal to the forks. Similar to the wayt the spring fork tapers.

I never thought about the triple-triple balance but maybe you're right.

I plan to try to curve the eagle tail parallel to the tire.

Here is the top tapered look.

truss3.jpg

dragnusa said:
I think if you do the swept wing thing with it it would look good

Hmmmm, That might work. It would kind of be a mirror of the curve of the fork. Let me try that.

The problem with trying to make it a swept wing is the length of the wings. I would have to put the eagle a good ways out to have the truss wings sweep back.

Peatbog said:
The more I look at them, the more I like those handlebars. They just seem to fit the bike really well.

Thanks Peat. I think the lines of these Spaceliners just seam to leap forward and up and these bars follow that same stance.

These trusses from the Meteor Flite might be able to be used for the eagle.
Just not sure.

WP_001198.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Peatbog said:
The more I look at them, the more I like those handlebars. They just seem to fit the bike really well.

Thanks Peat. I think the lines of these Spaceliners just seam to leap forward and up and these bars follow that same stance.
I agree these look like they were meant for this bike!!! 8)

Thanks daddy-o. I think the bars really fit too.

Not so sure about my truss wings yet. Not quite "feeling" them.

Just got the call from my LBS. Going to pick up my laced up Nexus 7 and look at some of their bike collection again for inspiration!!

Latest posts

Back