█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FlexLiner MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/19b Rolling Mockup

kingfish254 said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
Dude! This is genius! That frame is perfect for this idea, keep it coming!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Tank, I am really excited about this build. What do you think about the Fat Franks or Thick Bricks choice? I really lile the blue Felt rims, so right now I am leaning to the Franks. You can see, I don't gain that much more fat coolness from the Bricks.

Another reason I like the rims is the front hub.

20120519-WP_001543.jpg
Dont let a hub stop you!!! you can always lace it in another wheel!!!!! lol

That's easy for the Lace-O-Matic to say!!!
The paint and and constuction of the rims are really nice though.
I need to get the Fat Frank on the front rim and mock it up and see if I like the blue with the chrome and creme.

kingfish254 said:
That's easy for the Lace-O-Matic to say!!!
The paint and and constuction of the rims are really nice though.
I need to get the Fat Frank on the front rim and mock it up and see if I like the blue with the chrome and creme.

he tweaks he tightens, he straightens, he's Ridin!! hes the Lace-o-Matic!!! i Love it!!!!

kingfish254 said:
Dr. Tankenstein said:
Dude! This is genius! That frame is perfect for this idea, keep it coming!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Tank, I am really excited about this build. What do you think about the Fat Franks or Thick Bricks choice? I really lile the blue Felt rims, so right now I am leaning to the Franks. You can see, I don't gain that much more fat coolness from the Bricks.

Another reason I like the rims is the front hub.

20120519-WP_001543.jpg

You know me, I'm a card carrying member of 'Mo Fatta, Mo betta', but those rims are pretty cool and it would be one less battle to fight.

Also, the Schwalbes are excellent tires and the reflective strip is not only great for those night time bike cruises around Savannah, they also work with the chrome frame

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Dr. Tankenstein said:
You know me, I'm a card carrying member of 'Mo Fatta, Mo betta', but those rims are pretty cool and it would be one less battle to fight.

Also, the Schwalbes are excellent tires and the reflective strip is not only great for those night time bike cruises around Savannah, they also work with the chrome frame

Tank, I am still undecided on the wheel/tires. Never thought about the refective strip matching the chrome.

tin machine said:
great idea ,this is going to awesome :!: :!: 8)

Thanks Tin, now I just have to execute it.

Xcruiser said:
Looking great!! Man I love Spaceliners.

Me too X, you would think that someone would replicate it at some point.

bike2112 said:
Will you please stop building so the rest of us have a shot at this thing. LOL. Your bike is coming along awesome. Keep it up.

b2112, LOL, there is still a LOT of cool builds out there and a lot of execution and details that are not there on my build. I am still feeling things out. Thanks for the compliments though.

Re: FlexLiner MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/20 Blue Rim Franks

Well, I mounted the other Frank on the blue Felt rim. I still don't know with these. The blue isn't really a color I would have had in mind.

How do they look to you guys? I asked my carriage house tenant and she said they looked great, but maybe the color was a little "girly".

I have some red line Bontrager Big Hanks that I could try too.

20120520-WP_001548.jpg

20120520-WP_001547.jpg

20120520-WP_001546.jpg

yeah I'm with you the blue just aint doing it try the red

my .02 cents worth, the blue is a few shades too light.

Bill

You nailed the rear springer! I spent most of the weekend opening my mother-in-laws pool and whittling down the wife's never-ending list. My version is similiar but different. Hopefully I'll post pics tomorrow.

The creativity on this site boggles my mind!

Rg

I am digging this rear springer! I am like that dog in Pixar's 'UP' when he sees a squirrel!

On the blue, perhaps if you tie it in somewhere else, up higher, like a custom shift knob and grips, I'd be sold! I think tried that location with my liner/spyder shift knob last year and I thought the knob might hit the top tube? But I might be remembering wrong. If so great excuse for a custom one to tie into the wheels no matter what the color!

Too many new comments for individual replies.

First off, I am kinda blown away by all of the compliments. Thanks guys!!!! It keeps me goin'!

Second, another factor has sort of controlled my decision about the blue Felt rims. The huge front hub is too wide for the old beehive fork and there ain't no way that I am ditching that fork. So there will be no blue rims on this one.

More on the wheel / rim / gears / brakes design choices later.

Re: FlexLiner 7 MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/21 007 Head Badge

In last year's BO6, Petrohead had the number Six in his build name and bike, so I figure I will copy him since I need all the luck I can get.
My build name is now "FlexLiner 7".
The bolt on MetorFlite rear end is like two "7"s turned upside down.
And of course my head badge will be the RRB 007 badge below.
I haven't decided how I will paint it yet.

badge.jpg

My goal is to have Electra/Nirve/Felt build a FlexLiner 7 next year. :p :p :mrgreen:

Honestly I'm glad you're not doing the Blue ( Baby Blue ) rims....
They were about the only thing on this build I just wasn't digging....
Otherwise, I Like It ....

whoinphx said:
Honestly I'm glad you're not doing the Blue ( Baby Blue ) rims....
They were about the only thing on this build I just wasn't digging....
Otherwise, I Like It ....

I appreciate all of the opinions for and against the blue rims (and any other ideas I come up with). That's why I asked.
I try to offer my opinion on other builds and I really listen to any feedback I get on my build as well.
The digging and jabbing is fun too. Humor and competition helps to keep it real.

tin machine said:
you going to weld up that rear springer :!: :!: 8)

Tin, I still need to work that part out. The TwinFlex just has two tabs that the springer bolt goes through. This keeps the springer travel locked into a certain plane of movement. I will try to do the same thing. I kind of like the way the top piece of the springer assembly fits areound the seattube, so I may weld it there as my top mounting tab. Then weld a cross piece and bolt tab near the existing Spaceline fender cross member.

I still haven't worked out just how I am going to fab the union of the upper MeteorFlite struts and the curved springer cup. Shouldn't be too dificult though.

Before any of that, I think I first need to decide the pivot point near the dropouts and flatten and drill those out.

the blues not bad on the bike but not with those tires in my opinion, but i like those tires with that bike more than i like the wheels with that bike .... if it was me id do brown or dark red (like the forks) rims since your asking :wink:

Peatbog said:
It is also obvious from this build that not having an "anything goes" build shouldn't really be a problem to anyone.

Built not Bought bolt-on, baby!!! 8)

Latest posts

Back