█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FlexLiner MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/17 Actual Work

Something to think about.....when the rear suspension flexes, how does the chain react? Since it pivots around a common fulcrum, I would assume the chain wouldn't slack too much, right? Is a tensioner or derailleur needed? How did Huffman do it?

Looking forward to seeing this in person one day!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Something to think about.....when the rear suspension flexes, how does the chain react? Since it pivots around a common fulcrum, I would assume the chain wouldn't slack too much, right? Is a tensioner or derailleur needed? How did Huffman do it?

Looking forward to seeing this in person one day!

Cheers,
Dr. T

It probably depends on how much travel, but typically you don't see IGH's on rear suspension bikes without a tensioner. I would prefer to have the IGH, but the atom brake Spitfire hub would be cool too. Either way, I could make the twin bar shifter work.

Xcruiser said:
Bout time you showed up!!!!!!!!!!

The weekend is almost here too. Gonna have some fun.

Don't even consider backing off! Go for it!!! There are multiple home grown real and faux front springers and I never get tired of seeing them. No reason why rear springers should be any different. I look forward to seeing what your take on the idea turns out to be.[/quote]

I knew that would be your reply... Mine will be thrown together from bits a pieces.

Good luck, Rg

raggedjim said:
I knew that would be your reply... Mine will be thrown together from bits a pieces.

So will mine!! :wink:

Aahhh.... It is nice to have you back in the country....
Everything you're describing sounds pretty darn cool....
I can't wait to see what you come up with....

Here is my normal full suspension ride (a Dahon Jetstream P8 folding bike) with hydraulic brakes.
I want to see someone make a homemade front suspension like this one.

IMAGE_432.jpg

whoinphx said:
Aahhh.... It is nice to have you back in the country....
Everything you're describing sounds pretty darn cool....
I can't wait to see what you come up with....

thanks Who!
I can't wait to see either :p

Look at the cool space age bike helmet I plan to use for my Spaceliner.

spaceage.jpg

I have another "liner" joke, but it's not very nice. :eek:

Official space helmet on O'Captain Video!! 10 points if you know this line. Peace

Jake Sensi said:
Official space helmet on O'Captain Video!! 10 points if you know this line. Peace

I know it,
"Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!"

can i just say that the pugsley was one of the coolest things ive ever seen!!!! you totally inspired me with those harley tires ill post one ofmy other builds and tag you in it!!! im pretty sure youll appreciate it!!!!

Peatbog said:
kingfish254 said:
Jake Sensi said:

I know it,
"Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!"

Uh, Jake is going to make fun of you...
Peatbog you cheated! I'll give you half the points for thinking of googling. But B Ha try again Dr. Smith.

Twin Flex Spaceliner with White Thick Bricks? Wow, Cool!! Looking forward to more...

alright Kingfish254 I'm going to thr Hooker reuion today so when I home tonite I exspect results :mrgreen:

Re: FlexLiner MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/19 Mockup

This update brought to you by TenFidy. Every time I pour this stuff, I think of Jed Clampett's Texas Tea.

20120519-WP_001527.jpg

Went over to my stash and after shifting some other bikes around, I finally made it to the Spaceliner. There is more chrome cleaning than I remember, but it will posish up nicely with a little work.

I also took the fender off of the beehive springer. There are some small mods to be done, but it will fit the Spaceliner nicely.

I also went ahead and mounted the Thick Brick in it, and I think there is enough clearance, but I may be running Fat Franks up front.

Cut the back end from the MeteorFlite and did some dry fit mockups with a QuickBrick rim that I have from a buddies Felt cruiser. I had forgotten that I had these sweet blue alloy wheels. I may just end up running Fat Franks front and rear on these rims.

Here are the mock ups.

20120519-WP_001516.jpg

20120519-WP_001522.jpg

20120519-WP_001523.jpg

20120519-WP_001515.jpg

20120519-WP_001521.jpg

20120519-WP_001518.jpg

20120519-WP_001514.jpg

I also stopped off at Star Bike Shop to take a closer look at the TwinFlex.
I think I can use part of a springer fork that I have to do this fairly easily. All it takes is two cross mounted tabs welded to the seatstays and the springer bolt going through the tabs. I think the springer U can be reversed the hold the MeteorFlite seatstays just fine.
I am not sure if the suspension struts pivoted at the dropout plate or not. I really don't think that I need that extra pivot point. We'll see.

20120519-WP_001524.jpg

20120519-WP_001526.jpg

20120519-WP_001525.jpg

Peatbog said:
Okay, so you started late. I think you just caught up. That Spaceliner is lookin' to end up being too cool to look at without two pairs of shades and one eye closed.

8) 8) :wink: Thanks Peat!
I had fun today. About to head out to the shop and take a look at taking apart a springer for the rear and maybe mounting the creme Fat Franks for a mock up.

Latest posts

Back