█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/17 Nexus 7 Wheel

Green P1 said:
That Perry looks like it has the perfect shape for it.... But I might try and keep it old American for your build.

Hmmmm, you got me thinking again Green.
I picked up this heavy guage aluminum a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I'll cut one out that looks like a coaster brake arm, but see if I can etch it with something custom.
Something more to think about.

WP_001669.jpg

char said:
I have the same Perry one on my Grady Rocket build. It's super cool. I love coaster brake arms. :)

Char, if you know of any other cool ones you think might work, let me know.
That Perry looked sweet on Grady Rocket.

kingfish254 said:
char said:
I have the same Perry one on my Grady Rocket build. It's super cool. I love coaster brake arms. :)

Char, if you know of any other cool ones you think might work, let me know.
That Perry looked sweet on Grady Rocket.

Thanks. Sure, i'll let you know if I find anything with the same shape. :)

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex 6/18 Coaster Brake Shifter?

They would be candidates for rockers too! Thanks for getting the 'wheels' spinning!

The Flexliner looks great! I'm jealous of that Nexus 7, YOURS is actually laced, unlike mine... :roll:

Keep trying crazy things, it's what sets your bikes apart.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Peatbog said:
That brake arm idea is pretty nifty. I didn't realize there were cool brake arms like that. Now that is something else I have to keep an eye out for.

Thanks peat, I am kinda leaning to making my own custom one as a stickshift.

It's always cool to see the level of design that went into old stuff.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
They would be candidates for rockers too! Thanks for getting the 'wheels' spinning!

It's funny how ideas snowball around here. Green posted a pic of a ND arm and all of a sudden I saw it was the right shape that I needed, so I posted some ideas here as a shifter which has sparked you to think of them as rockers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dr. Tankenstein said:
The Flexliner looks great! I'm jealous of that Nexus 7, YOURS is actually laced, unlike mine... :roll:

Thanks tank. Don't feel bad Tank, the LBS thought they had the right size spokes in stock and laced it up only to find they were 3mm too long (sound familiar?). So they had to unlace it and order spokes.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Keep trying crazy things, it's what sets your bikes apart.

That's a cool compliment. But I have surely seen plenty of other crazy things on other builds past and present here.

Critter1 said:
KF this thing has really come to life! Looks great with matched set wheels too.

What you didn't like the coppertone angle iron and creme/black chrome/black wheel combo!!!!!???????!!!!!!!

Thanks Critter!!! Just when it's coming together I have to go on a biz trip this week.

dragnusa said:
heres an idea, you could do like a comet shaped handle
7.jpg

Hmmmmmmmm, I will definitely have to noodle on that one Dragon! Nice out of the box thinking.
Thanks man. The lines you drew for the truss wings are pretty close to the masking tape mockup I did. I will revisit that whole section later on.
I really appreciate the insight and suggestions. Things that make you wanna go Hmmmmmmm!!!

sensor said:
hmmm... i see the title is now: Re: Flex
maybe i can repop some duran duran stickers for ya!! :p

joking aside looks good...

OH NO, Please anything but Duran Duran!! :shock:
I think of them as the Justin Biebers of the 80s!

Have a good trip kingfish :!: Looks like you've got some great ideas to think about while you're away.Maybe you will find something to use on your bike while on your trip.Safe journey :!:

Circa Cycles said:
Have a good trip kingfish :!: Looks like you've got some great ideas to think about while you're away.Maybe you will find something to use on your bike while on your trip.Safe journey :!:

Probably won't be much time for pickin'. I will take a look at CL first though. Who knows.

That's part of the fun of traveling.You never know what might pop up in places you least expect.I found the bike that donated it's fork for Bat Rod at the Fruita Fat Tire Festival while cruising around town after the Clunker Criterium.Keep your eyes peeled :shock:

Re: FlexLiner 7 MO FATTA TwinFlex Spaceliner 5/25 Hub Choices

kingfish254 said:
hey kingfish any idea what these bars are off of i picked up a set this weekend but mine had a little control on one side the starts at 0 1 2 i think its off of a mini bike or moped but no markings at all.. theres a k&n bar end on one side....Im diggin where this build is going though... the rear suspention is sick nice job i love the light!!!

Jay, I got mine at a yard sale for cheap. I think they are motorcycle bars. I believe the style is called clubman.

Thanks for the compliments. Can't wait to get the rear arms welded up so this can become a rider. I love the light and have much more in store for it. I think it is a 40s-50s police search light.

Circa Cycles said:
That's part of the fun of traveling.You never know what might pop up in places you least expect.I found the bike that donated it's fork for Bat Rod at the Fruita Fat Tire Festival while cruising around town after the Clunker Criterium.Keep your eyes peeled :shock:

I may be picking up an old WF on the way home later this week.

kingfish254 said:
I may be picking up an old WF on the way home later this week.

Nothing makes me more giddy than going on a trip and coming back with a cheap/free bike or parts. When we go to PA in July I'm pulling my trailer... uh oh!

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlex Spaceliner 6/19 Logo Teaser

More to come on this later.

You may have noticed my new avatar.

FlexlinerRevised-Copy.jpg

Latest posts

Back