█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
THANKS FOR VOTING MY BUILD - 5th PLACE
BUILD INDEX

FINISHED BO7 THREAD HERE :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=61035
FIRST SET OF FINISHED PIC ON PAGE 109 HALFWAY DOWN :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56671&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1620
SECOND SET OF FINISHED PICS ON PAGE 111 :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56671&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1650
TRADING CARD ON PAGE 113 :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56671&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=1680

flexy_front.jpg

flexy_back.jpg

I can wait no longer, even if I am halfway across the world from most of my build brothas!!!

You guys are having too much fun. Last year was my first Build Off with the ultimate beer bike BEER RUN. I can still hardly believe that somehow I finished 28th. Especially considering that I did not enter and start my build until the last 30 days of BO6. Wow, what an exprerience!!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=42349&hilit=+beer+run

WP_000777.jpg

I also truly appreciate the support and response I have received from my Fugsley build.
(viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44315)
IMG_4868.jpg

This community of custom bike builders never ceases to amaze me. In addition to finishing with a cool as heck bike, there were four crowning jewels to last years build off.
- One: Spending 6 hours with Jake Sensei talking about "Did you see what xxxx did" and "How about YYYYYY's build" in Philly. We were total strangers up to that point (other than RRB chatter).
- Two: BEER RUN got me free admission to the Savannah Craft Brew Fest where they used it as a display and I got free GOOD beer for my beer bike.
- Three: Seeing BEER RUN hanging as art in my buddy's craft pizza joint and hearing about it from friends that didn't even know it was my bike.
- Four: Building up online friendships with a lot of you guys as a result of the shared experience of the build off and the support you gave me for my Fuglsey build as well.

Thanks for all of the support. I look forward to a fun time during this years build off. If any of you are ever in Savannah, please look me up!!!

Okay, Here are my ideas for this year. I originally had two build ideas. Either a trike made from a Nirve Clutch kids chopper with a old WF trike rear or a Bonneville Salt Flats Side Car build.

You can see some of the parts and ideas in the Pre-Build Off thread I started back on March 12th.
(viewtopic.php?f=21&t=53957&hilit=+cuz)

You can also see my thought process on probably moving to a more practical build. I currently have two very cool regular rides (a Dahon Jetstream and a Nirve Cannibal), and my wacky but extremely fun Fugsley ride. But, I really don't have a cool RAT rod bike to ride around my wonderful city.

My thinking right now is to move forward with a great RRB build of my Spaceliner frame with the 1940s beehive springer fork with a SA 5 speed IGH laced to a 24" wheel with 24x3 Cream Thick Bricks. I have a cool twin tube 5 speed shifter as well as some other cool ideas. This will probably end up being a big boys muscle bike with banana seat and apes, but we will have to see once I get home and do some mock ups.

Opinions are welcome. I am having a blast in Myanmar, Bali, Indonesia, and Malaysia, but there is a piece of my mind that stays on the Build Off. In many ways it doesn't make sense considering the absolute paradise I find myself in at Bali, but I guess I guess I have the RRB flu much worse than I thought. My wife just looked over my shoulder and said "Oh my God, Rat Rod Bikes again". LOL. :p . She will never understand. 8)

Re: M.I.A. in Southeast Asia - MO FATTA MO BETTA

I hear ya brother, just have a good time and check in occasionally. We'll wait for you to build this years 28th place bike when you get back. :wink:

motopsyco said:
I hear ya brother, just have a good time and check in occasionally. We'll wait for you to build this years 28th place bike when you get back. :wink:

I am going to do twice as good this year. I am shooting for 56th place!

I would probably be finding cool little things to add to your bike while your on your vacation. Theveler call your build world tra

I'll be cheering you on once you get home and get started... until then, THIS IS MY TIME! :mrgreen:

largek9 said:
Lets see here???? B.A.R.S.?? " Bali Asian Rat Spaceliner " ? Got a nice ring to it. The "BARS" bike!!!! :lol:

I am digging that name. Especially since I might use the chrome seltzer bottle as a tank and the fact that you can get "TO GO" cups from bar to bar in Savannah.

WP_001170.jpg

tin machine said:
hey dude , never seen that little orange bike ...that is totaly cool love it ...wow 8)

Thanks Tin. It ain't so little though. It weighs about 70 pounds!!!!!
Check out the video for a good laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTVrW-D-Vak

Thanks for that compliment B! Ya know we just clicked. You're a true friend and I'm waiting for us to meet again. Hurry back so I can tell ya to...GET TA BUILDIN'!! Peace

I know that my guide in Bali thought I was crazy today, when I asked him to turn around to go back to a little roadside shop that had a bunch of bike frames stacked out front.

WP_001483.jpg

Here is the local bike repair dude in a small village in central Bali.

WP_001486.jpg

He let me jump into his junky workshop.

WP_001484.jpg

WP_001485.jpg

I was hoping to find some old Brooks like seats or big bike bells. Most of the parts where newer parts. There were some cool full cover chainguards, but I knew I couldn't pack those well. It was fun rumaging through his pile. I really felt like Frank on American Pickers.

Here is what I ended up with. A cool old 56T "TROPICAL" cottered chainring. What a perfect souvenir from Bali. This is going to hang in my shop.
Sorry, I couldn't come up with a nicer backdrop. :wink: This is the rice field view we have from our bedroom patio.
IMG_7207.jpg

He also let me have this beat up motrbike tag
IMG_7205.jpg

He seems to have a nice selection of gumwall tires... cool!

Something tells me that we will see those parts again. What up B!! Tell the Mrs. I said Get Ta Tannin'!! Peace

Check out the "MADE IN BALI" Build Off Frame I am bringing back with me.
It's going to be tough widening the rear end to fit my 24x3 Thick Bricks
I think there are few people in BO7 that could help with that. :wink:

IMG_7226.jpg

IMG_7227.jpg

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7202.jpg

IMG_7209.jpg

That is awesome! How much in US dollars does that cost? (not yard sale dollars)

yoothgeye said:
That is awesome! How much in US dollars does that cost? (not yard sale dollars)

I paid $2.50 for the chainring and $5.00 for the bike.

I would've struggled to not buy half a dozen of those bikes! Awesome.

I can afford $5, it's the plane ticket that gets me.

yoothgeye said:
I would've struggled to not buy half a dozen of those bikes! Awesome.

I can afford $5, it's the plane ticket that gets me.

Everytime we get out of the car, vendors swarm us trying to sell trinkets. I usually politely tell them no, but I couldn't resist the bike. If he had more, I would have bought more.

It's just so detailed... unlinke your build-off bike. OH SNAP! :lol: :wink:

yoothgeye said:
It's just so detailed... unlinke your build-off bike. OH SNAP! :lol: :wink:

Funny! There will be plenty of details to fill in on my build-off bike once I get back home and lay out my parts and frame choices .

Back