█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/17 Sidecar Beginnings pg19

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
... so that the passenger can rest their arms on the side and access the brake easier.

Small child. Access to brake. This could be fun.

Yeah, maybe I just need to find a little person as a friend that can ride in the sidecar.

The whole idea of the side brake is that a competent rider could lock the brake for tight right hand turns (which are tough on a right sidecar bike) but the fact that I probably will never have a rider that understands the concept it will just be a lever that make daddy go in circles.

I'll ride in it! I only weigh 250 lbs....I could lean to the right, we can go around the corners on ONE wheel, with you and the other two in the air........ It's LOOKING GOOD!

Ok Yooth I got 2 votes left. :lol: :wink: Hey, and Let's be careful out there. Peace

Peatbog said:
You didn't tell them that yet, did you?

DING, DING, DING: Extra credit on making a bike that you will both use and put your kids in.

No, I didn't tell them, but my son will ask once he sees the lever with the red knob on it, it's going to be a blast riding with him or my others in there... just not all at once. :shock:

KOTA said:
I'll ride in it! I only weigh 250 lbs....I could lean to the right, we can go around the corners on ONE wheel, with you and the other two in the air........ It's LOOKING GOOD!

Thanks, but I wanna see you riding a unicycle before I let you ride me around on 1 wheel. :lol:

Jake Sensi said:
Ok Yooth I got 2 votes left. :lol: :wink: Hey, and Let's be careful out there. Peace

Thanks Jake, I'll wear my shin guards next time.

tin machine said:
good work my man , you got some skills !!! :!: :!: 8)

Overconfidence > skills 8)

Nobody has told me *how* to do any of this stuff, so there was also no instruction on what I shouldn't do, so I just go for it. Thanks man, I've seen your work, so that really means a lot.

dang dude that thing is glorious!

Thats lookin great :) ,I always noticed those choppers dont have much of a rake but in this case its perfect. What kind of welder are you using? Oh and always wear your: "Sawsall leg guards". :)
[
Moto-Long-Adult-Knee-Shin-Guard.jpg

jats said:
dang dude that thing is glorious!

Thank you, but please hold all praise until you see how badly I butcher it in the end. :lol:

Gold Street Customs said:
Wow!!! look what your leg did to that blade :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm not quite the man of steel, maybe the man of tin... tin foil.

largek9 said:
Thats lookin great :) ,I always noticed those choppers dont have much of a rake but in this case its perfect. What kind of welder are you using?

I like the way the WCC chopper is set up with not much rake, but since I now have an extra frame (that I won't be cutting up) and I have a spare OCC chopper fork (those have rake built into the fork mounts) then I will build a hybrid.

I am using a Lincoln Weld Pack HD. 120v wire feed welder, or as Doctor Heinz Doofenshmirtz would call it "THE SPATTERINATOR!"

What is the hole in the floor for?
Is that for your boy to drop stink bombs for the enemy?

kingfish254 said:

I knew someone would ask that... I don't have a good answer... it's classified, yeah, classified!

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I knew someone would ask that... I don't have a good answer... it's classified, yeah, classified!

I think the build is just so heavy that you plan to use your kids as child labor to get the bike rolling Barney Rubble style. :D

we can report ya for child labor. better watch out. yep, so far so good.

Outlaw :p

OUTLAW said:
we can report ya for child labor. better watch out. yep, so far so good.

in my house it's called "child recreation" and they don't know otherwise. "Hey kids, let's see who can gather the most leaves into this wheelbarrow the quickest and empty it in the alley... ready GO!"

Nobody has said anything about the )obvious( seatpost gusset yet.

largek9 said:
Hey Yoot. ! whats up with the seatpost gusset? :roll:

Haha, you tell me:
SAM_0753.jpg

I put a little "heat-n-beat" to this seat pan yesterday, if I use it it will need a lot more work.
SAM_0752.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Who do I call about seat abuse????
It musta done something real bad.

It came off an exercise bike, so yeah, probably something REAL bad... :shock:

Is the gusset a bottle opener? Would you know where I can find a WCC seat like the pair you dissected ?

Tim

bikejunky said:
Is the gusset a bottle opener? Would you know where I can find a WCC seat like the pair you dissected ?

Tim

Yep, it's a bottle opener. Thanks for playing, you win 1 vote good towards this build only, it will be included with your other 2 votes.

The only WCC seats I know of are the 2 I have, and as you've seen, they are a little... choppy. If you need parts of them, let me know.

Latest posts

Back