█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ Cinco De Mayo, actual progress Pg.8

Mondays are busy, so after a busy as usual Sunday I took my spare time today and spent it with the family. Dinner, games, books, and snuggling.

My 2 year old used the potty today for the first time... 4 times!

yoothgeye said:
Mondays are busy, so after a busy as usual Sunday I took my spare time today and spent it with the family. Dinner, games, books, and snuggling.

My 2 year old used the potty today for the first time... 4 times!

WooHoo :!: Sounds like you had a great day :!:

Drew this up on the weekend, slightly distracted from my own build, I think my inspiration for this came from somewhere :roll:
thought I best share
photo3-2.jpg

Circa Cycles said:
WooHoo :!: Sounds like you had a great day :!:

Yeah, that was pretty cool indeed.

octapusonfire said:
Drew this up on the weekend, slightly distracted from my own build, I think my inspiration for this came from somewhere :roll:
thought I best share
photo3-2.jpg

That is some great artwork! Very cool indeed, if I wasn't in the position I am (youth pastor, dad to young'uns) then that would go on my tank, but I must answer to everything. Very cool though, thanks for sharing that.

Peatbog said:
Change the girl to Uncle Sam and you're in--or maybe use a fuzzy little bunny.
+1 on the bunny,,, ya know that intimidation thing :wink:

There's a little bunny here at church, I can't seem to catch it, everytime I go near it, it runs under one of the houses that the church owns... oh well, I did look under the house to see where it was going and found an antique (stamped steel) "STREET CLOSED" sign. Asked the church secretary (she's been here a long time) and she doesn't recall the church ever having it, so it's mine. Very cool piece.

Looking good and interesting so far. There's a lot of creative ways you could go with it for your finishing touches. The "bad" girl on the bullet is cool but since that "flavor" isn't an option for you, there's many other ways to go. Speaking of bunnies, I recall seeing pics of WWII bombers with an angry 40's cartoon characters on the nose.

Here's something that won't scare the kiddies. It was on tail section of a WWII bomber:
flakducker.jpg

Here are some actual old photos of bomber nose art. Hmm, girls sure were a popular subject :) Although, there is a mean little june bug in the mix:
http://acepilots.com/planes/nose-art-b17.html

This is a bit more neutral (except for the rifle, but then again, you have a missile hangin from the bottom of your bike - :lol: ) Whipped it up just to give you a character idea if want it. Cheers brotha.
2012-05-08112330.jpg

Thanks for the ideas guys, all the nose art is awesome, it just surprised me how much nudity they allowed! haha Imagine if our soldiers/airmen today painted a picture of a naked lady on a plane... uhh... media NIGHTMARE! haha

Yeah, that was an era of a more "rough n tumble" kind of armed forces. I suppose even though it was the 40's, those soldiers were allowed the art in lieu of the huge risk on every mission.

yoothgeye said:
Thanks for the ideas guys, all the nose art is awesome, it just surprised me how much nudity they allowed! haha Imagine if our soldiers/airmen today painted a picture of a naked lady on a plane... uhh... media NIGHTMARE! haha
Towards the end of my time in the Marines, it almost seemed illegal to like women at all, in Iraq, we were not allowed to have centerfolds of girls on the walls OF OUR OWN ROOMS. These were girls in bikinis mind you, not nude. Taking PC to a whole nother level if you ask me.

EastOfEastLos said:
Yeah, that was an era of a more "rough n tumble" kind of armed forces. I suppose even though it was the 40's, those soldiers were allowed the art in lieu of the huge risk on every mission.

Sounds like the kind of guys I'd want protecting my freedom, guys who hadn't been neutered by politic correctness.

chepe13 said:
Towards the end of my time in the Marines, it almost seemed illegal to like women at all, in Iraq, we were not allowed to have centerfolds of girls on the walls OF OUR OWN ROOMS. These were girls in bikinis mind you, not nude. Taking PC to a whole nother level if you ask me.

So sad, thanks for risking your life for me.

Well, I went outside and started the groundwork for making the sidecar and realized I lost my camera sometime today. Hoping it's a church.

dragnusa said:
Yoothgeye I did an update on mine just for you

Thank you, I don't like naked bars... ok, that sounded a little wrong. :oops:

Can not WAIT to see this side car idea! I'm diggin it! Especially on that bike! Good luck on the build!

G_rod32 said:
Can not WAIT to see this side car idea! I'm diggin it! Especially on that bike! Good luck on the build!

Thanks, like I said, I started the framework of the sidecar yesterday but was delayed by loss of camera (found now), plugging a tire on my car, the scrap guy stopping by to sell me a boat trailer, and really hard to bend steel! haha You know, life in general.

I was going to use round tube to make the frame of the sidecar, but looks like it's back to square/rectangle tube.

As much as I've talked junk about chopper bikes in the past, the more I am around this frame the more I love it!

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/3 theft slows progress

Brentley said:
yoothgeye said:
I know why people think Schwinns are so special, they're made with love (what is this, on bottom of down tube):
SAM_0663.jpg

That Schwinn may have been built with love but my '52 is a star! ...of David!

Untitled by sabbparrish, on Flickr

Makes me wonder what weird stampings are on other Schwinns.

I have a 5 pointed star next to the serial # on one of mine, I'll have to dig it out and get a picture. It would be cool to find out what they mean.

I really like the way this is turning out, gives me ideas for my OCC chopper that's quietly rusting away on the side of the house. I love the way the sidecar frame looks like a wing, it might be cool if you could find another bullet and hang them under the wing like missiles. Maybe a mesh floor so you can see them?
Another couple of ideas that hit me looking at your pics...since you don't want to run a tube to the front of your frame how about going from the seat tube/top tube junction on your frame back? You could build it into a seat back on the hack, maybe come back at an angle and then curve it into a seat back?
Another idea that may or may not be feasible, maybe you could find a couple of spring loaded tensiones, like idler pulley tensioners on a car, and fit those into the headtube of the hack so that your hack wheel had a little give when leaning into turns. Maybe use a mountain bike shock on the top of the wheel going into the seat frame to stabilize it?
Can't wait to see this all done!

bmxerpete said:
I really like the way this is turning out, gives me ideas for my OCC chopper that's quietly rusting away on the side of the house. I love the way the sidecar frame looks like a wing, it might be cool if you could find another bullet and hang them under the wing like missiles. Maybe a mesh floor so you can see them?
Another couple of ideas that hit me looking at your pics...since you don't want to run a tube to the front of your frame how about going from the seat tube/top tube junction on your frame back? You could build it into a seat back on the hack, maybe come back at an angle and then curve it into a seat back?
Another idea that may or may not be feasible, maybe you could find a couple of spring loaded tensiones, like idler pulley tensioners on a car, and fit those into the headtube of the hack so that your hack wheel had a little give when leaning into turns. Maybe use a mountain bike shock on the top of the wheel going into the seat frame to stabilize it?
Can't wait to see this all done!

Funny, I haven't seen you in my mind, yet you've got all the same ideas as me! haha

I save the "shock" off of every rear suspended Walmart bike that I cut up, so I have quite a few sitting around and I've been toying with the idea of using the hack headtube as a pivot to give the side wheel a little suspension, it would sure smooth out the ride on the bike (you ever ridden a trike? wow, horrible over bumps) but if I go this route I don't think I'll use the headtube as a pivot because that will be too far inboard, I think if I do this I'll make it more like a springer on the side (straight up and down suspension). Who knows, but you've got great ideas... they sound like mine. :wink:

Today's lesson: Be Nice To Your Scrap Man

Yesterday the scrap guy came by and told me he had something I needed. He was pulling a small boat trailer and he knew I didn't have a dedicated trailer for the Waverunner I'm trying to sell. He told me to make him an offer. I thought about it and said $75, he (too quickly) said SOLD! (Crap, I should've said $50.) Anyway, it's worth it, it will help me sell the Waverunner, then I can get my Wavejammer in the water.

I always give him scrap steel, aluminum, brass, copper, whatever, I know I can trust him and he looks out for me and offers me bikes when he finds them.

My wife called today and said he was going to stop by the church to show me something, I thought "Uh-Oh, he saw me spend money last night, now he's going to keep trying to sell to me..." He got here and was very proud to have found the bike below, I looked at it and saw it really hadn't been ridden, just sat outside a while, perfect tires, brakes and shifters work, nice. As I looked I just said "Can I have it?" and he said, "You mean you haven't taken it out of the truck yet?" So I grabbed it and it's mine. I'm just stoked about the tires, everything else is bonus. If my wife liked pink this would be for her, it might be anyway if I do a little something to the color first. Pretty good for a rainy day where I can't do anything.

pink1.jpg

pink2.jpg

Latest posts

Back