█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/2 gearing solution

i love the "bike bathroom"! :lol: looks like the red cantilever is getting ready for a shower,and the black bmx bike is suffering from "start up" issues due to the overcrowding.

texasbigjon said:
i love the "bike bathroom"! :lol: looks like the red cantilever is getting ready for a shower,and the black bmx bike is suffering from "start up" issues due to the overcrowding.

haha, good observations. There were more bikes in there until I did a scrap run a few weeks back. I had a '79 Murray Monterey with the red bike, but I sold it. There are 2 frames in the shower and a wheelset on top of the toilet.

I will be redoing this bathroom and keeping the bike theme, but losing the bike storage.

Hah you must have a very tolerant wife.
I cant wait to see what you do with this build.

Wow ... This build is already going straight to the toilet :mrgreen:

Doon said:
Hah you must have a very tolerant wife.
I cant wait to see what you do with this build.

I do have a very talented wife, but this bathroom is in the upstairs of my shop, which I shall be revealing photos of in the coming weeks. When I redo the bathroom I will be doing it like this photo that EVERYBODY in my church keeps showing me, and my wife likes the idea.

vanity.png

The only difference being that I plan to run flex pipe up through some handlebars to run the water through them. I have an old Raleigh to use for it.

CCR said:
Wow ... This build is already going straight to the toilet :mrgreen:

Nope, coming *out* of the toilet.

CCR said:
yoothgeye said:
...Nope, coming *out* of the toilet.

I predict it will still stink either way ...

The stench of defeat. (don't make any "de feet" jokes, I saw it coming) :mrgreen:

Alright, I'm an enabler, enabling you to continue your quest for the most posts prize :lol:
So, good bike to start with and great theme.
Think a side car is in the works but got lost in all the posts :lol:
Best of luck and Thanks for the "yuks"
Steve

There will be a sidecar on a Jesse James chopper with a military theme.

Six pages already! Looking forward to seeing them on a big screen.
GTB. Good luck with the head start.

450redrider said:
Awesome 8) I'm tuned in

Great, tell me if it starts to look like a re-run.

kingfish254 said:
Six pages already! Looking forward to seeing them on a big screen.
GTB. Good luck with the head start.

Head start... haha, aren't you kind. I've actually been able to do very little since every time I go out to the shop I start working on a different bike. :mrgreen:

Today is my day off and it's really overcast outside, might rain. :(

The sky is clear and it's sunny out right now. I managed to get my friend's wife's Huffy cleaned up and out of the shop. Also working on taking the spare parts from the Hyperco Spinner bike and putting them onto a Haro frame, so build-off work being done... very little.

I did however realize that some things I need are under this pile in the shop:

SAM_0643.jpg

Man, I knew my junk pile was getting out of hand, but now I have to face it... as soon as I get this 2 year old down for her nap.

Critter1 said:
Whoa!! That's a pile! Wish I had that problem! (the pile of parts, not the 2 year old ;))

I really need to clean it up... Ugh.

I've been outside taking apart BMX bikes and I did pull this for G.I.JESSE JAMES, I'm using the chainring and crank since the one on the chopper is chrome, and military vehicles don't need no chrome!

SAM_0645.jpg

Was interrupted by my neighbor, he came by to tell me that his brother (an older mentally challenged man) had his Schwinn trike stolen! :x Everybody knows that that trike is his only source of transportation! I really hope they find whoever took it, it's not like there's a lot of trike on the road in town... just his. :x

Critter1 said:
That's BS.. That really sux!! Poor guy... I bet your wishing you hadn't gotten rid of the Mover last week huh??

Yeah, it was actually Monday that I swapped the mover for a '98 Dyno Compe, he could've ridden it, but since they are made for flat factory/warehouse floors it isn't good on roads.

Anyway, he came over to the house and said he had his old bike in the shed, he brought it over and it was a mess, but very fixable. Adjusted BB bearings, trued rear wheel best I could, it had one broken spoke and I had nothing to fix it, adjusted coaster wheel bearings, took a couple links out of the chain, tightened chain guard and fenders, put on new grips, aired up the tires, adjusted headset bearings, adjusted the seat, cleaned and polished the frame and fenders.

He's kind of a "fixture" in the community, 65 years old, they let him "manage" the football team at the high school for years and years. He rode this bike until he got a scooter a few years back, the police made him stop riding the scooter because he was just generally driving poorly and they wanted to keep him safe, so about a year ago or less they parked the scooter and bought him a Schwinn Meridian trike. Man I hope they catch whoever stole it, but until then, he rode this bike away just fine! That's him behind the bike.

SAM_0647.jpg

So there went all my build-off work time for the day... I'm not upset about it.

Gold Street Customs said:
Sorry ,little late on posting this But I had an idea for your bathroom, hook up your toilet paper roll to a free wheel hub so you have clicking when in use :idea:

That is an awesome idea, and then when someone accidentally pulls off too much they can't spool it back on! :lol:

Latest posts

Back