█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, the shell on the top tube has soon serious issues. I know what my "associate image with..." part of my brain said. :roll:

Now, get ta buildin'.

JoKeR63 said:
Yea, the shell on the top tube has soon serious issues. I know what my "associate image with..." part of my brain said. :roll:

Now, get ta buildin'.
Yeah what he said and I've always wanted one of those bikes.I know you'll do it proud. Peace

Jake Sensi said:
JoKeR63 said:

Now, get ta buildin'.
Yeah what he said and I've always wanted one of those bikes.I know you'll do it proud. Peace

Did you see the photos, I have 2 of them, but one frame might have to die. :cry:

I went back and looked at it again, same impression. What about inside the diamond? It's the proximity to the seat that doesn't help.

Peatbog said:
Bullet holes!? Well, I know where one of my votes is going.*

*Probably shouldn't use your big bullet though.

Big bullet (unfortunately) is decommissioned. I'm leaning towards 40 cal.

motopsyco said:
Can I come help you shoot it up or would that violate the all work must be done by the builder rule?

Looks great so far

I think it would be allowable as shooting holes is not really "building."

JoKeR63 said:
I went back and looked at it again, same impression. What about inside the diamond? It's the proximity to the seat that doesn't help.

It will not be on the frame unless I get a new vision for it, I'm still thinking outboard sidecar.

You have two of those frames?!? I told y'all I need to be down south! Y'all get all the best bikes! :x

Jake Sensi said:
You have two of those frames?!? I told y'all I need to be down south! Y'all get all the best bikes! :x

I gave $20 for one (the one I'm building) and $15 for the "parts bike" which was more complete than the other, but also has more rust and I noticed the triple trees are bent, I think he tried to make it a quad tree...

Gold Street Customs said:
Is that going to be a sidecar......or a cleverly disguised training wheel :wink:

Nope, you're wrong, I'm having 2 sidecars, one on either side. One will hold my helmet, the other my wrist, elbow, shin, and knee pads. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
Nope, you're wrong, I'm having 2 sidecars, one on either side. One will hold my helmet, the other my wrist, elbow, shin, and knee pads. :mrgreen:

Great for trail riding. Then you could paint little moms with strollers being crossed out on the side of the tank. :D

JoKeR63 said:
Great for trail riding. Then you could paint little moms with strollers being crossed out on the side of the tank. :D

I was actually thinking of having little decals made of a Toyota Prius and having them crossed out on the top or down tube.

Jake Sensi said:
Save me a tank and a crank. :mrgreen:

I only have 1 tank, might use it, but not sure. Nothing special about the crank, but you like the chainring? Let me know Jake!

Went home to meet my wife for lunch, before she got there I went up into my bike bathroom to get something:

SAM_0636.jpg

I knew when I first decided to build this thing last year that with all the extra weight I would want to address gearing to keep this from being a leg burner. When These Hyperco "Mike Spinner" bikes first showed up at Walmart I noticed the little sprocket on the 1 piece crank. Waited around till I found one for sale local, $5.

SAM_0637.jpg

These Hyperco bikes come with a microdrive rear hub, but with the bigger sprocket on the Jesse James rear coaster, it should pedal REAL easy.

I was checking out the rest of the bike and it's basically perfect. A kid gave me a nice Haro frame, fork, bars, no seat or wheels. It has a nice 3 piece crank, same kid gave me the bent micro chainring off his Eastern BMX. I straightened it out and now with this Hyperco and the Haro I can make a decent bike, maybe for once I can flip something!!! I need some money for Olive Drab paint.

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/2 gearing solution

I know...I assumed they were yours, Peatbog's and KingFish's posts..ha ha. :lol:

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/2 gearing solution

Rat Rod said:
I know...I assumed they were yours, Peatbog's and KingFish's posts..ha ha. :lol:

Peatbog, a few, Kingfish can't be bothered, he's off vacationing around the world.

Latest posts

Back