█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/4 Little Sprocket Little Paint

Holy Cow!! That's a score! Free?? Bonus! I'm green with envy! :mrgreen:

Oneuglybike said:
Holy Cow!! That's a score! Free?? Bonus! I'm green with envy! :mrgreen:

Yes free, I rarely purchase bikes.

That looks like my hauls lately little bikes and more little bikes. lol Atleast theres one cruiser in there

Nice haul!!!
The little bikes aren't just scrap for yooth.
He turns them into kids smiles with his bike ministry.

dragnusa said:
That looks like my hauls lately little bikes and more little bikes. lol Atleast theres one cruiser in there

I get m ostly kids bikes, but I always find something to do with them. Surprisingly a couple of the little ones have bolt down stems, and one of them has the same sprocket as I used on my build off bike last year, but this isn't a skippy.

kingfish254 said:
Nice haul!!!
The little bikes aren't just scrap for yooth.
He turns them into kids smiles with his bike ministry.

That's right, hopefully some will just clean up and find quick homes and get kids riding. The other ones go to the mad scientist's work shop.

Looks great so far :D Paint is sharp 8)

Got a kick out of the cop and "weight wheenies" :mrgreen: :lol:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Looks great so far :D Paint is sharp 8)

Got a kick out of the cop and "weight wheenies" :mrgreen: :lol:

Last year the guy that would hang out and build with me till late at night was related to the captain and knew all the other officers, so we made lots of noise late into the night with no issues, I can't take a chance without him by my side.

Hey weight wheenies, lose your reflectors!

My internet is back! Yay! I plan to go home in a little while and get to buildin'.

Was headed out to the shop tonight, but ended up in there helping a kid replace the rear wheel on his BMX bike. This was a "pro" model bike he'd bought online, it's basically a Walmart bike with microdrive and no decals to look more like something custom built. The rear wheel had a "normal" size axle, but then had these sleeves that screwed onto the axle to make it appear to be a large axle with large mounting nuts, and the bike had big dropouts so I had to re-use these things... very weird, I guess they can't have a large axle with the microdrive or it won't work.

Oh well, built time in the trash, tomorrow is the day off, hopefully I can get something done.

yoothgeye said:
Was headed out to the shop tonight, but ended up in there helping a kid replace the rear wheel on his BMX bike. This was a "pro" model bike he'd bought online, it's basically a Walmart bike with microdrive and no decals to look more like something custom built. The rear wheel had a "normal" size axle, but then had these sleeves that screwed onto the axle to make it appear to be a large axle with large mounting nuts, and the bike had big dropouts so I had to re-use these things... very weird, I guess they can't have a large axle with the microdrive or it won't work.

Oh well, built time in the trash, tomorrow is the day off, hopefully I can get something done.

Stopping a build to help a kid in need, that gets a vote in my book. Bike is looking great by the way.

outskirtscustoms said:
Stopping a build to help a kid in need, that gets a vote in my book. Bike is looking great by the way.

Thanks man, he was a well mannered kid, going into the 9th grade, his mom brought him and his bike parts, I sent him home riding.

yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Thanks man, he was a well mannered kid, going into the 9th grade, his mom brought him and his bike parts, I sent him home riding.

Good looking out man.

Today is my day off, but as usual I'm home with the 2 younger kids (2 and 5) they are eating cereal and watching Phineas and Ferb right now (my choice, I love P&F), after I hope to get them playing outside so I can start some all day work.

yoothgeye said:
Today is my day off, but as usual I'm home with the 2 younger kids (2 and 5) they are eating cereal and watching Phineas and Ferb right now (my choice, I love P&F), after I hope to get them playing outside so I can start some all day work.
What are you gonna do with your life!! Sit on the sofa, eating sugary cereal,watching cartoons with ya hand in ya pants like Al Bundy!! Get Ta Buildin'!!! :mrgreen: HA!!

Jake Sensi said:
What are you gonna do with your life!! Sit on the sofa, eating sugary cereal,watching cartoons with ya hand in ya pants like Al Bundy!! Get Ta Buildin'!!! :mrgreen: HA!!

Haha, actually I had a bowl of regular Cheerios and piece of chicken then took the kids outside. I've been building, now I need some help.

Should I mount the fork holding the wheel forward (I prefer) or backwards?

Forward?
SAM_0789.jpg

or Backwards?
SAM_0790.jpg

Let me know, I have to go to the store to get more cut-off wheels. Either option will work with the brake and mounting, I thought about mounting it "up" but then it looks more like a fork and ruins the illusion.

VOTE NOW!!!

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/7 PAGE 29, HELP!!!

Forward looks tuff!!

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 6/7 PAGE 29, HELP!!!

I think forward is more natural.
It also gives you more surface if you plan to do any fender skinning or need to mount anything (machine gun pivot).

Latest posts

Back