█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/17 Sidecar Beginnings pg19

Good luck with the surgery. I had the same surgery when I was a little boy. The only thing I remember about it was my brother bringing me a toy airplane in the hospital.

Best wishes!

No biking for two weeks?? :wink: Well here is to his quick healing!! :D

Austin's surgery went textbook perfect, he was said to be the perfect patient. Once the anesthesia wore off he had more energy than ever, he wanted to go to a toy store, so we went to a Toys R Us (not a store he usually sees) and he was running and jumping and climbing and I turned around to find him riding a bike! Oops. 2 hours out of surgery.

Thanks for all the prayers guys. I promise to build something soon.

Good to hear, one less thing to worry about. Now get ta' buildin', I might be passin' you up!

What a relief for you I'm sure... And to see him on a bike two hours musta have put a smile on your face!!

Hey... my name is Justin and my sons name is Austin too!! His mom wanted a Jr. but I didn't, so A was the compromise.. :)

You planning on drilling a whole bunch of "lightening" holes in that frame??

Peatbog said:
yoothgeye said:
Austin's surgery went textbook perfect...

Cool. Good news.

Now, doesn't he need a sidecar to ride in?

+1

Critter1 said:
What a relief for you I'm sure... And to see him on a bike two hours musta have put a smile on your face!!

Hey... my name is Justin and my sons name is Austin too!! His mom wanted a Jr. but I didn't, so A was the compromise.. :)

I was proud and frightened at the same time, it's not that he can't ride, it's that he shouldn't so he can heal!

Very close on the name, I'm not a "Jr." type guy (though my grandfather's first name was Junior), but my dad is Arthur Douglas and has always gone by A.D., I am Justin Douglas, and when we were having a boy I knew he was going to be a Douglas as well, but I wanted an "A" name so that if he wanted to he could be A.D. like his Papa, so we chose Austin and *then* realized it was just 1 letter off from my name.

NewOrleansFlyer said:
You planning on drilling a whole bunch of "lightening" holes in that frame??

Nope, no plans for speed holes, it's going to be heavy, but the 26 tooth crank will help get it around easily.

yoothgeye said:
Austin's surgery went textbook perfect, he was said to be the perfect patient. Once the anesthesia wore off he had more energy than ever, he wanted to go to a toy store, so we went to a Toys R Us (not a store he usually sees) and he was running and jumping and climbing and I turned around to find him riding a bike! Oops. 2 hours out of surgery.

Thanks for all the prayers guys. I promise to build something soon.

That's great news, I remember my son having his tonsils removed when he was 3 and when they brought him out he looked so small and lifeless. It is hard to see them go through something like that, but they usually come back strong!

Good luck, Rg

Glad everything went well. High five him for me! My son is named Justin also. I know ya itching to start building but relax and many blessings. Peace

Hey Mr. Moderator! :D

Glad your little buddy is doing well! :wink:

raggedjim said:
That's great news, I remember my son having his tonsils removed when he was 3 and when they brought him out he looked so small and lifeless. It is hard to see them go through something like that, but they usually come back strong!

I was expecting a lifeless little pathetic lump, but he came out more energetic than ever. Bought him a video game to keep him away from his bike.

Jake Sensi said:
Glad everything went well. High five him for me! My son is named Justin also. I know ya itching to start building but relax and many blessings. Peace

Your son has a cool name! Thanks man, we've been high-fiving a lot lately since we've been playing this Need 4 Speed Wii game, I'll just tell him one of the high fives if from Jake.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Hey Mr. Moderator! :D

Glad your little buddy is doing well! :wink:

Thanks man... let's keep the 'mod' thing on the DL... :roll: :mrgreen:

Good to hear everything went well now you need to get his sidecare ready for a lap around the block :D

G.T.B.

And that don't mean Git Ta Bunnying!!!!!

Oneuglybike said:
Build that side car!!! :mrgreen:

Well, as you see the sidecar frame is mostly built, I've been waiting to find some sheet metal to wrap it, I've had plenty of opportunity to have aluminum cover it, but my plans need steel. Talked to dad and he's going to score me some old duct work to wrap it.

I'm most worried about the details on this one.

Alright, today my wife was in charge of women's conference at church she planned, they flew in a comedian from California and it's still going on. She's been gone since about 9am, so I've been home with the 3 kids. Had to take my son to get t-ball photos this morning then took them to lunch. When I got back a friend brought his girlfriend into town for the conference and he's stayed with me today. I just wasn't build-off motivated today, but we tinkered in the shop, I built a small tall bike and he turned an old women's Huffy MTB into a single speed road bike (fixie look, without all the danger).

Sorry for no G.I. JESSE JAMES, but this is pretty cool:

small_tall.jpg

He's not allowed to ride it (doctor's orders) but the doctor said he wasn't worried about riding bikes, but falling, and he has his share of spills so I'm keeping him off, but I did put him up on this bike and rubn beside him as he rode it, he did pretty good!

Cute photo and cool bike.
The guy I bought the Park workstand and parts from just sold his very tall tall bike last week. He used to haul a 20 foot digeridoo behind it on a trailer.

Peatbog said:
A kids' tall bike. That is pretty cool. And the kid looks happy about it too.

Hwe is a generally happy boy, but he really stuck his lip out when I told him he needed to put away the bike today. :cry:

Latest posts

Back