█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/17 Sidecar Beginnings pg19

motopsyco said:
I'm just playing for funsies this year, 8)
but hey we gotta counteract the charm of the beautiful kids and the cute bunny somehow!

Look at my frame choice and ideas and tell me I'm playing for more than fun! haha

I managed to build another bike tonight instead of working on my build off bike. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54939&start=75#p546647

Maybe I'll get an award for most bikes built during build-off instead of working on your build-off bike.

Lookin good !!! I was gonna try and give you some competition.I am building a WCC for my Bro inlaw but we decided to stretch it out 10" so no build off for me :roll: I like where your going with this and it will be hard to beat!!!! 8) :mrgreen:

FatBoy said:
Lookin good !!! I was gonna try and give you some competition.I am building a WCC for my Bro inlaw but we decided to stretch it out 10" so no build off for me :roll: I like where your going with this and it will be hard to beat!!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks, it's fun, I can't wait to get some real time to work on it, this "few minutes here" and "few minutes there" make it really hard to get anything done, and it's so BIG that I can't just go into the shop to work on it, I have to pull it (and everything else) out to get anything done. Was so much easier last year when I just went upstairs in my shop and the 76er was sitting up there ready for work surrounded by parts and tools, this bike won't fit up the steps anymore. :roll:

Did you see how JoKeR63 stretched out his chopper? How are you stretching yours, I wanna see, I have another and it will be built after the build-off (probably during at the rate I'm going with building other bikes).

yoothgeye said:
FatBoy said:

Thanks, it's fun, I can't wait to get some real time to work on it, this "few minutes here" and "few minutes there" make it really hard to get anything done, and it's so BIG that I can't just go into the shop to work on it, I have to pull it (and everything else) out to get anything done. Was so much easier last year when I just went upstairs in my shop and the 76er was sitting up there ready for work surrounded by parts and tools, this bike won't fit up the steps anymore. :roll:

Did you see how JoKeR63 stretched out his chopper? How are you stretching yours, I wanna see, I have another and it will be built after the build-off (probably during at the rate I'm going with building other bikes).

I stretched it using a section of a BMX frame and some 1 1/4 tubing i like how it came out..Check it out its called West Coast Cheese Head in the build section.Im gonna check out jokeR63 8)

FatBoy said:
I stretched it using a section of a BMX frame and some 1 1/4 tubing i like how it came out..Check it out its called West Coast Cheese Head in the build section.

I will do.

FatBoy said:
Im gonna check out jokeR63 8)

Nope, nothing to see there, move along. :lol:

It is going to be easy to catch up if you keep having a full week between "real" updates. :p :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
It is going to be easy to catch up if you keep having a full week between "real" updates. :p :mrgreen:

Today was my day off, so I went in to work from 8:00 till noon, then I brought the kids home and did some more office work here. Mowed the lawn. Went out to the shop to find a couple boxes to pack some things to ship out. And now it's raining.

Usually this would've been my best day, and this weekend... wasted already, going camping. I should be on page 4. :(

Enjoy yourself!!!!
BO7 will still be here when you get back.

kingfish254 said:
Enjoy yourself!!!!
BO7 will still be here when you get back.

Thanks brother, I can't wait to "Git Ta Buildin'" I'm just trying to stay a little more balanced this year, which should be easy with 3 wheels! (rimshot) :mrgreen:

Okay, I can't sit on the sideline and see one of our cheerleaders drop deep into page two.

PB, Ostriches aren't so bad! we enjoyed ostrich steak when we were in South Africa! Awesome red meat that you would swear was filet mignon. They also make great Biltong (jerky).

YG, You just have to promise us a "true" non-bunny update before the end of the week!!!!! :p 8)

Thanks guys!

Just returned from camping, had only enough room for the older 2 kids bikes, had fun... I guess, I needed a hotel room, not a tent.

Tomorrow back to work then I take my son to Duke Children's Hospital for surgery Wednesday morning. This week should be slow, but I will try to escape and build a part to show you guys by the end of the week.

Welcome back. Take care of your boy first. Hope all goes well.

Rather that go OD over the chrome of you JJ frame, maybe you should consider using Dulicolor's anodized green that is meant to go over chrome. You could dull up the chrome a bit first. Then have your other parts contrast with the JJ frame rather than match it exactly.

Just a thought.
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/janit ... oz-aerosol

kingfish254 said:
Rather that go OD over the chrome of you JJ frame, maybe you should consider using Dulicolor's anodized green that is meant to go over chrome. You could dull up the chrome a bit first. Then have your other parts contrast with the JJ frame rather than match it exactly.

Just a thought.
http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/janit ... oz-aerosol

I like the image in your head, but I'm sticking to theme on this one. When I'm done I want ignorant people to ask if it was really a military bicycle. haha

I had a 1986 Suzuki Samurai for over 10 years, I spray bombed it a few times and for a while it was OD and I had dummies all the time asking me "What year Willys Jeep is that?" haha

So what year willy's did you have :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

big kountry said:
So what year willy's did you have :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had one guy swear he drove one of "these" in Vietnam... :roll:

Peatbog said:
Yeah, and what war did that military bike serve in?

Probably a wage war in China... where the employees lost.

Peatbog said:
Tell your son a lot of people are praying that all goes well.

Thank you, I will, this is a first for all of us.

MplsCoaster said:
kingfish254 said:
Welcome back. Take care of your boy first. Hope all goes well.
+1 Like someone else said, we'll be here when you get back

Thanks, I am, and I think Kingfish said the second part as well... that guy *sure* talks a lot.

This is my little bicycle rider that is having surgery tomorrow morning (5/30). He has a hydrocele, which is nothing too scary, all little boys have one, but it usually goes away by the time they are a year old. If not treated they lead to a hernia, so his surgery tomorrow is the same as a hernia repair surgery. He will be put to sleep for the surgery. Recovery is 1 week of not swimming and 2 weeks off the bike! He already knows this and is prepared.

SAM_0748.jpg

Looks like you're little guy is waiting for you to put the wheels on that sidecar and hook it up to a bike to take it for a test drive....... Good luck tomorrow...

Latest posts

Back