█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/13 Possible Saddle, pg15

MplsCoaster said:
Thanks for the entertaining tour :D

How is the angle of the seat for riding?

I am making a layback seatpost for the bike.

dragnusa said:
just picked up a complete rideable wcc bike today.

Cool! I think they are cool frames.

Just bought my self-etching primer, base color, and highlight/detail paint. (and some other goodies)

paint.jpg

Things just got real! :shock:

Well, Get ta Buildin'!! Why don't ya! Cuz I can't wait to see this bike! Peace

This be should extra killer!! What are your plans for the little flashlights? :?:

Oneuglybike said:
This be should extra killer!! What are your plans for the little flashlights? :?:

I decided to simplify this year, so I will use 2 inside my headlight with their own power sources, but bypass their switches and use the one on the headlight instead. The 3rd I will use as (get this) a flashlight. I thought $2.99 was a good deal for all 3 with batteries. The tail light is already LED and already has it's own power source.

█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/13 Possible Saddle, pg15

yoothgeye said:
Hmph.... I didn't think of that. Anyway, if I use this saddle it will need a lot of work and it will never be as comfy as it was, but this is the military, you don't get paid to be comfy!

Unless you're in the Air Force. Then they do get paid to be comfy.

slowriderz said:
Smoke bombs huh???? i guess we are pulling out the heavy artillery to keep the competition at bay! :D

i do remember jamming smoke bombs in the bars ends and riding around in a smoke screen as a kid, i blew my eye out with a bottle rocket when i was a kid so smoke bombs, snaps and snakes were all i was allowed to have, sparklers were even too dangerous after that :lol: :lol: :lol:

build you a gunner mount on the side car with a pvc barrel big enough to slide a roman candle down into, I love fireworks hahaha

Alright guys, not even I saw this one coming. :lol: Last night during a deacon's meeting my mind briefly wandered and an idea was implanted. As much as I love triple trees I am jealous of all the springers y'all have and then it hit me!

First I went and grabbed the parts I needed, some old MTN shocks/springs and a 26" cruiser fork:
SAM_0722.jpg

Then I took the top triple tree mount off the parts bike:
SAM_0723.jpg

That's when I noticed that the forks on both my WCC bikes are different. The parts bike has bent fork legs which have a larger diameter tubing than the other, and the triple tree mounts are different:
SAM_0724.jpg

Then everything just sort of falls together.
SAM_0725.jpg

I'm loving the tight lines on this:
SAM_0726.jpg

Need to make some rockers:
SAM_0727.jpg

Sara was helping me today:
SAM_0728.jpg

Yeah, this got me pretty stoked, all I really have to make is the rockers, this will make me change my light mounting location, but I think it's worth it.

Then I mocked this real quick, I like bobbed fenders but I might just go this way...
SAM_0729.jpg

I think Skipton's bikes might be rubbing off on me. :mrgreen:

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/15 Springer Surprise! pg16

Cool. Great use of parts. My springer will feature the MTB shocks I have, and extra triple tree plates, but will be quite different to yours. My shocks will be mounted side by side and the extra plates will go on the top and bottom of the existing ones...........just have to get over the cold I have (wife calls it the "Man Flu") and start feeling well enough to do some bike work.

Great idea yoothgeye :D Looks great, bike is really coming together nicely! 8)

:shock: Genius.

Great job man, keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Houndog said:
Very cool . bonus points for homeade springers.....

Thanks, I sent you a PM. Just how fancy can I get? :wink:

tin machine said:
great idea on that springer :!: :idea: i would have never thought of that ,very cool 8)

I'm still trying to figure out how the idea came to me, I look at it now and wonder how I thought of it. Plenty of people have used an extra fork to fab up a springer, so that inspiration was there, I guess I was thinking about the 3rd triple tree bracket I used last year to mount my headlight.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Great idea yoothgeye :D Looks great, bike is really coming together nicely! 8)

Thanks brother!

G_rod32 said:
:shock: Genius.

Great job man, keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the finished project!

You don't have to call me genius... I prefer Mister Genius. Thank you. :mrgreen:

GREAT IDEA, GREAT LOOK!...MR. GENIUS.

Latest posts

Back