█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Once again I count it a great honor to be able to build with such a talented group of builders on a forum that looks out for all of our interests and is open to such a great variety of ideas and skills.

This year I am submitting to all of you G.I.JESSE JAMES.

G.I.JESSE JAMES is starting out as a West Coast County Chopper, these were sold in Walmart stores around 2005, obviously China made and distrubuted by Pacific Cycles, but let me assure you, this is a vintage barn find classic patina bicycle! I just found one on eBay and it says:

"These bikes when new were $800, but now are collectables since the company went out of business."

This is, of course, a lie, but just adds to the sordid past of this bicycle.

My ideas for this bike are simple:
-Olive Drab Paint
-Passenger Sidecar
-Flying Tiger style art on the sidecar
-Military Accessories

One inspiration for this build was that many guys who were put on motorcycles in wars overseas came home and bought a bike but modified it into something different from what they were use to in the service. I am doing a reversal of this with a twist. This will also be a remembrance of so many guys who go overseas in service to our country and never come back the same. Thank you all for your service.

OK, so let's get this thing started, this is the base bike. I look forward to all the fun ahead for us all! Build happy, build safe.

SAM_0612.jpg

SAM_0613.jpg

Peatbog said:
I'm keeping an eye on you! But honestly, I look forward to watching your build, and I wish you the best of luck.

You mean you're keeping an eye on yourself. :wink:

We're holding ALL the votes! :lol:

Yall gettin some rain? I like those Jesse's. one piece cranks, And those killer forks! 8)~

yoothgeye said:
This will also be a remembrance of so many guys who go overseas in service to our country and never come back the same. Thank you all for your service.

Thank you for this...that's where my middle name comes from...

....except he didn't come back.

RIP..

Gold Street Customs said:
This should be good!!!

200 pounds of good.

Peatbog said:
All you need is a picture of two bunnies and two puppies and you'll have this thing all wrapped up.

How do you feel about kittens... non-allergenic kittens?

wheelymarko said:
Yall gettin some rain? I like those Jesse's. one piece cranks, And those killer forks! 8)~

City has been clearing lines, I got lucky today, haha. The forks on my parts bike are bent! 1 piece crank made my gearing issue a lot easier.

ndaway said:

Thanks!

Jimmy the Gent said:
Thank you for this...that's where my middle name comes from...

....except he didn't come back.

RIP..

I try not to forget. Military wasn't for me, and because of the guys and gals that volunteer, I am allowed the right to choose what I do. Thanks to all. I don't need to dwell on this too much, I don't need votes for this, but I am grateful.

erichitscar said:
DO IT TO IT! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks, I can't wait to see either. haha

As you can see I already have a 24" front wheel from an OCC Chopper on the bike, thanks to SCHWINNRAY69 for suggesting this to me about a year ago, I love the look and will likely keep it.

Obviously I have the military thing going on with this build, but will also try for some Jesse James influences as well as I have always admired him as a builder and sometimes as a person.

erichitscar said:
Yeah, when he's not cheating on his women, he is actually a somewhat decent human! :mrgreen:

Yeah, no excuse for that, but I watched everything he was ever in on TV and had a lot of respect for him and the fact that he could actually make stuff instead of just put things together. My brother-in-law pointed out to me one day how he never messed with the engines, he was all about building and creating.

dragnusa said:
You should have an easy time getting military stuff for your build being in NC

I think I pretty much have everything I need, I'm not going to try to go too far overboard with accessories, I want the bike to stand out for it's design, not all the crap hanging off of it... oops, I'm building a side car... nevermind. :mrgreen:

Houndog said:
Looking forward to the art on this one....

I just hope you don't use that seat.....No offense of course, if you do :D

Sourcing a seat as I type, told my local junk man what I was looking for after a church dinner tonight.

Good luck with the side car... WCC bike should be a fun one to work with.
For a sidecar just strap a Barcalounger to the bike... :D

whoinphx said:
Good luck with the side car... WCC bike should be a fun one to work with.
For a sidecar just strap a Barcalounger to the bike... :D

Haha, it is actually a very compact bike though. I will take measurements of my 8 year old daughter's and 5 year old son's legs tomorrow (or before I start the sidecar). The 2 year old will definitely fit, I just wanna make sure they can all have a turn, but I need to keep the sidecar from overpowering the look of the chopper.

Critter1 said:
I'm a sucker for a military themed OD green bike! this'll be good.. There is soooo many things you can do with a military theme!

Thanks, me too, don't know why I've waited so long to build one. For a while my old Suzuki Samurai was OD, and I bought other surplus things to accessorize it with, I still have some of them. I'm most excited about how the headlight will look!!!

Latest posts

Back