█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Tied for 7th Place

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been watching for several minutes and nothing happened. :confused:
Is this like those crazy 3D pictures they used to sell in the mall that the longer you watch all of a sudden dolphins appear?

That is exactly what it is except a different kind of FISH...
It actually says

DON'T VOTE FOR CEEBEE

VOTE FOR KINGFISH and starsNbars !!!!!!

:113::rockout:

Carlton, I think the 38 ad that I posted has both of our frames in it.
tn.jpg

heading to shift will be back on mo
This one is gonna start off slow. It's all in my head right now. I probably won't get a chance to touch it until this weekend.
heading to work next few days so will not be able to start on mine till monday!!

Here is the inspiration for the sammich girder that I plan to make
Shed Build Girders.jpg

hill-climb-special-girder-fork.jpg
hill-climb-special.jpg
hill-climb-special-2.jpg

Cut some cardboard to do some basic mockups
h.jpg
i.jpg
j.jpg
k.jpg

l.jpg
m.jpg
n.jpg
o.jpg

p.jpg
q.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if I'll use it or not, but I do have this jeweled AMF star ring. If I do, I may try to swap the green jewels with blue ones. I also have a plane star ring I could use.
The trick with stars and stripes stuff is finding a balance of it. I don't want this to become a 1976 Bicentennial cartoon. I just want accents hear and there.

w.jpg

So, is the fork going to be an actual new girder fork with that design or are you just sticking that shape in metal on the side of the Girvin?

I plan to remove the fork tubes from the Girvin and replace them with a sammich of two sheets of metal (on each leg). I will be using the springer portion of the Girvin.

love this build :D

dang I don't check in for a few hours and bam!!! its a contender!!! love the star gear and the girder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy

Ahhh thr you are, I see where your going with this... Love the chainring.:113:
How very american of you....:21:
See you at the finish line....:banana:

Well, I haven't looked over all the BO bikes yet, but I gotta say, this is an early favorite for me. It doesn't hurt that the basis is one of the best frames ever made, in the history of bikes. Also helps that the red house paint approximately matches that coil-over. But, looking back at past build-offs, KingFish always brings a lot of creativity to the mix, but balances it with good taste/aesthetics. Anybody can build a weird bike, but it takes talent to also make it function well and look good.

:banana::rockout: :banana:

Well, I haven't looked over all the BO bikes yet, but I gotta say, this is an early favorite for me. It doesn't hurt that the basis is one of the best frames ever made, in the history of bikes. Also helps that the red house paint approximately matches that coil-over. But, looking back at past build-offs, KingFish always brings a lot of creativity to the mix, but balances it with good taste/aesthetics. Anybody can build a weird bike, but it takes talent to also make it function well and look good.

:banana::rockout: :banana:

Thanks for the compliments. Glad you guys are liking it so far. I still haven't done any actual work on it though.

I love this statement from bicycle808.
"Anybody can build a weird bike, but it takes talent to also make it function well and look good."
What a great build off mantra. :D:banana::rockout::banana::D

The stance as seen in post #26 is super bad. Fantastic chain guard. Like your thoughts on not making a bicentennial cartoon, too. Hard to describe my thoughts, but envision if you took a "slice" out of an American flag, rather than trying to represent the whole flag. of course, I should be spending this time building my bike and not interfering with yours.

furyus

Latest posts

Back