“Miss Fit” – Café Racer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built a chopper bike that was a roadster frame with a tube extended out the back of the seat cluster, and extra seat stays from the drop outs to end of tube, sort of short sissy bar. I made a seat, out of a bit of wood and a bit of foam and a sleeve from a leather jacket. sort of like a motorbike seat. no kick up at the back tho. I had motorbike Ace bars, sometimes called clubman bars. As used by café racers. Also levers from a Russian motorbike. And a strumey archer twist grip gear change. so it had a sort of café racer vibe.

I did have extended bmx forks on it. 12" mag wheel and a chrome 20 x175 3 speed rear wheel. where the frame was made for 26 x 1 3/8". So not to café racer there

The cafe racers of yesteryear were, um, fast.

All due respect, your bike doesn't seem fast. :wink:

These days, "cafe racer" means some guy took a cool old bike and messed with the seatpan, lost the side panels, and put some clubman bars on it. Your bike might kind of reflect that whole design philosophy.

ZygoteLittle said:
outskirtscustoms said:
ZygoteLittle said:
A little off-topic, but, relevant:

In searching CL for the Apollo seat this rare 1974 Ross 10-speed muscle bike showed-up, I’m not in the market for another bike, but I thought it should be shared with you guys.

http://providence.craigslist.org/bik/4130844910.html

Cool bike but I'm not liking it at $425.

Agreed!

The date stamp on the post is 10/15 so he might be open to dicker.

It is a cool bike nonetheless.

He wouldn't like my offer... I find similar bikes around these parts for $150 so that'd be the extent of my offer.

I'm going to build my own seat! :)

Thanks for all of your advice guys; it's appreciated. 8)

LukeTheJoker said:
ZygoteLittle said:
I'm going to build my own seat! :)
Very cool! Skateboard based?

Luke.
Yes, thinking of removing the front trucks and keeping the rear trucks, removing the wheels and using the axel bolts to hold the sissybar onto the “seatpan”.

Latest posts

Back