Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

2013 GET-A-GRIP Bicycle Show, Swap Meet & Drags

Matt, close didn't realize if I clicked on the pic it got bigger. Just figured I was out of frame. quote="CCR"]Well on everything besides the Idevices you show up Click the link and see if that's you, Mark was it? http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o78 ... 2c047b.jpg
  2. S

Yeah I think I managed to stand out of the picture lol :lol:
  3. S

Yeah it looks pretty good sitting in my house right now. 8)
  4. S

Leftover Special DONE!!!

Well the leftover part comes from the frame was originally a cantilever frame and the two small backbone tubes were cut off it by a friend of mine to use on his project. I took what was left and made the rest. Also, the only new parts on the bike are the tires, spokes, chain, front sprocket...
  5. S

Leftover Special DONE!!!

Thanks Again guys 8)
  6. S

Leftover Special DONE!!!

Thanks guys, I've always thought that small details add up to a greater whole whether its bicycles or anything you build.
  7. S

Leftover Special DONE!!!

Thanks fellers 8)
  8. S

Leftover Special DONE!!!

Re: Leftover Special DONE! Alright gents its all done. Here its through the build process and completed. Painted Frame After white was added to the frame and the rear fender was painted. This is a 5-Speed Sturmy Archer stick shifter. The bike is only a 3 speed so only one side of it will...
  9. S

Spray can vs Powder coating

Powder coating is going to be way way waaaay more durable then really any spray can paint job. It may cost alittle more but in reality its a lot less work for you and it can be done very quickly. Also, to get the slick finish powder coating will give you, you will have to clear, wet sand, and...
  10. S

adjusting S-A three speed

I just want to know if Im doing this correctly as this is the first 3 speed hub I have used. I have a Sturmey Archer 3 speed and I am using a stick shifter with it and I am attempting to get the tension set on the shifter cable/chain indicator. I have set the tension where the cable is at its...
  11. S

Thick Bricks with fenders?

Mine has a thick brick in the rear. I took a shrinker/stretcher to my fender and got it to fit but its really close and very tricky to get to where it doesnt rub. I also had to put three coats of bondo on the fender to get it smooth again. :roll:
  12. S

Rusoleum Vs Krylon

Yes it will, it makes its more durable. That is if you use a good clear and multiple coats
  13. S

Leftover Special DONE!!!

Re: Leftover Special Alright heres another taste. Im not finished with the pinstriping yet but the bike is together minus a seat. I dont want to show it until the the pinstriping work is done.
  14. S

Seat Recovering

Yeah those would look cool polished and they look sorta like the ones on the seat too.
  15. S

Seat Recovering

Drag they arn't solid, I pulled one out and the bottom part is hollow. There is also a washer type thing that goes on before its pressed.
  16. S

Seat Recovering

I have a couple questions. I have a Troxel seat that I want to recover to match my projects paint. I am having a local auto upholster do the job and he is quit capable of the task but he is alittle young, older then me but young none the less. I know you have seen them before but this Troxel...
  17. S

Rusoleum Vs Krylon

If you want a really good paint job and in any color you can imagine try your local auto paint supply stores. More and more of them nowadays have the capabilites of putting high quality paints in rattle cans and they can put the flake in them as well. Granted before anyone gets started, no...
  18. S

Leftover Special DONE!!!

Re: Leftover Special So gents the Special has been in hibernation for a while but it came back to life a couple months ago and I've been bustin' ... trying to get it done. I'm not quit there yet but a small update. Thats all ya get for now... :wink:
  19. S

Cable Hold/Tie Down

Anybody got a bright idea of a nice clean way to tie down a cable to a frame that has no cable hooks or clevis' (or whatever they are)? I really really do not want to use zip ties but I need some way to hold my shifter cable to my frame. Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks 8)
  20. S

Headbadge screws

This thread is alittle old but I found it attempting to solve my own issue of finding some headbadge screws. They are 2-56 thread size (if you didn't know that already) and I got some at Fastenal for like .06 cents a piece(they had to order them so they ended up being $1). They are not flatheads...
Back