Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B

Gambles Hiawatha Sidewinder V

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in. I was just wondering if anyone has any information about this bike. I'd like to know what year it might be? The seller is asking $225. Is this a fair price or should I shoot him an offer. I came across this at a fleamarket last week...
  2. B

1981 Sears NFL Cleveland Browns Bike

That's awesome! I've never seen anything like that. I'd really like to find a Steelers bike.
  3. B

A long overdue intro...

Hello my name is Brian and I live in Lincoln, NE. I've actually posted a couple times without doing an intro and I appologize for that. :| I first got in to classic bikes at a young age. I found a 63' Typhoon in a friends barn and his parents let me have it. At the time I attempted to...
  4. B

Help narrowing down year on Schwinn Hornet

I have a Schwinn Hornet with the seriel number C95511. According to the date chart it could have been built 07/01/52-07/02/52 or 11/13/53-11/25/53. I checked the crank and didn't see any date stamps. Just the "A.S. & CO." and what looks to be a "18". Is there anyway of narrowing this down to...
  5. B

NEW PICS...Craigslist find Schwinn Hornet?

Re: Craigslist find Schwinn Hornet? Just picked up the bike this weekend. According to the seriel number (C95511) it could either be a 52' or a 53'. Is there anyway to narrow this down to the exact year. It looked like Schwinn used the same seriel numbers for July 52' and November 53'...
  6. B

24" and 26" Jerald Slick Tires (Square Tread)

I'd be interested in a 24" whitewall if they come available.
  7. B

Re: Craigslist find Schwinn Hornet? I would never dream of parting this bike out. I am super excited about this find. I'm just proud to be in this part of the forum. Hopefully this will be the first of many more.
  8. B

Just purchased this bike on craigslist for $125 sight unseen. The ad said it was a 70's Schwinn Hornet. Did they make the Hornet in the 70's? I did a little searching online and could only find Hornets from the 50's. Hopefully this will be a good purchase. I'll post more pics when I take...
  9. B

Newbie needs help with banana seat

I never noticed the fork. Thanks for pointing that out. After comparing it to other bikes. I can definitely see the difference. Is that something I could fix easily? Would it be best just to replace it? This may be a good excuse to buy a springer fork. Do they make springer forks for 24"...
  10. B

Newbie needs help with banana seat

I'm currently building a 1962 Schwinn Typhoon. I purchased this bike about 20 years ago when I was a kid. After a few repaints and new wheels. I'm stuck at what to do about a seat and handlebars. The bike is a 24" and a little small for me. With a standard seat and cruiser handlebars my...
Back