Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

Old No. 7

Here's my original post re the saddle, just used cheapy mountain bike suspension units. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31617
  2. P

Summer build

Hi, It's the summer holidays and recently my wife had a nasty accident and can't take the kids out very far, my eldest son gets bored very quickly so I've given him a whole heap of parts and tools to keep him occupied and my wife sane. So far this is what he's come up with I'm liking it...
  3. P

66 ross rat

Lovin the bars and the shape of the rear light, single speed? have you thought of sticking a nexus on it and a stick shift?
  4. P

Old No. 7

Well spotted, yeah it's a really small one off a kids skateboard, used the truck hanger from the other truck mounted to the rear brake bridge for the other end of the shocks. Thanks for the link
  5. P

Old No. 7

I've given up on the tank idea for now, I want this bike to be electric eventually running a 48v 1000w motor and I'm hoping to make a tank to accommodate the batteries so I'm goind to hold off on it until I get the parts. I had a couple of pairs of mountain bike bar ends and a shed load of old...
  6. P

Old No. 7

Yup, 2 litre Coke to be precise, cut the top off, slit down the side and sprayed the inside then mounted and filled with expandable foam to stop it getting crinkled.
  7. P

Old No. 7

Ok, ditched the tank today, looked utterly ridiculous. Going to make a box tank, tapered at the back, the top front will rest on the top tube and the bottom back will sit tight up to the bottom of the top tube. Hopefully this will reduce the gap between the front of the saddle and the top tube...
  8. P

"The Dirty Devil" DONE!!!

Awesome job!!! such a sweet looking ride. 8)
  9. P

Old No. 7

Hi, Ok, so I've had this bike a while and never done a build diary, but now but am now inspired and determined to finish it. It's a bulk standard MTB jump style frame, as the back end is very low I thought it lent itself to a pre-war board track bobber/autocycle. The main idea of the bike is...
  10. P

How do I take this apart, and have something left!

Usually there's a hex key bolt at the bottom of each fork by the dropouts, undo that and they should fall apart. Failing that pop the caps on the top of each fork as they might be in there. :wink:
  11. P

saddle cover

Came out a treat, the brass studs are paper fasteners.
  12. P

saddle cover

It's actually really comfy without padding, good tip to glue the middle, that will help when I come to put the studs in. I think I've posted it here once before, the saddles an old skateboard. Here she is, Old No. 7, a cliché I know but it just so happens to be the 7th bike I own, completely...
  13. P

saddle cover

Hi, I've decided to coat my wooden saddle with old leather and add a few studs, any tips?? do I use glue or tacks?
  14. P

Fender advice

yeah like them but longer and solid with no holes
  15. P

Cheap and easy conversions for old non-suspension MTB's?

here's mine, an old saracen mantra
  16. P

Fender advice

Hi, OK, so the wet weather's here and I'm tired off getting a wet backside, I need mudguards. I'm running 26" mtb wheels with fairly chunky tyres, does anyone know any way of making wide mudguards? I would buy some but I have a non existent budget and as they say 'necessity is the mother of...
  17. P

What led you to this site?

I picked up two mountain bike someone was throwing away and decided to make a prewar looking winter ride, thought I was the only one who built bikes from nothing then I found this place, love it.
  18. P

wacky idea for power

In the uk it's illegal to ride a bike with a petrol engine unless the bikes been tested at a government test centre, obtained a certificate, registered, insured etc. etc. However it is legal to ride an electric bike no bigger than 250w. The only problem I have is that they take huge heavy...
  19. P

built me a saddle

I think he means your gentleman's parts, It's actually more comfortable than any of my regular bike saddles. Forgot to say that the seat post is a slightly smaller gauge than the tube so it moves up and down under compression.
  20. P

built me a saddle

Made myself a new saddle Saturday, I wanted a bobber style saddle that would also push the postion of the seat further over the back wheel. Started off with two old skateboards, one adult one child. Took the childs trucks apart and attached the truck hanger to the rear brake mount. This gave me...
Back