Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. mingero

Faded paint question

Thanks everyone!
  2. mingero

Faded paint question

I just bought a Hiawatha from a fellow member and love it...my question is the paint used to be red..now it is a dull orange. Is there a process that can make it look better.....want to keep it original.
  3. mingero

26 X 3 Tire questions

PM sent..........Thanks Wimpy......your information was very helpful....Peace!
  4. mingero

26 X 3 Tire questions

these tires are 24 x 3......do you know if the heighth will work?.......thanks for the help!
  5. mingero

26 X 3 Tire questions

I just bought a Felt Cortez with 50mm Felt rims.....I am installing a Felt Abraham Linkage springer.....I would like to install 26 x 3 Kenda Flames on the bike. Does anyone know if there is enough clearance and if they will fit where can I buy them....Cycle US is out of stock....please help!
  6. mingero

1-1/8" headtube in a frame made for 1" headtube

I want to install a Felt Abraham Linkage fork in a 50's Monark frame........is this possible?.....please help........frame accepts 1" headtube...fork is 1-1/8" headtube.
  7. mingero

Finished Schwinn Cantilever for wife

Just finished this last week
  8. mingero

First board track build

Bought this Monark middle weight about 2 months ago,,,,,,,put the wheels, tires and seat yesterday Before: After: I am going to do some more tweeks with handle bar length and seat position.....I will post
  9. mingero

JC Higgins Bee Hive springer question about shoulder bolts

Can any one tell me how many shoulder bolts are needed on the pivot section of the springer..... the one I bought came with two 5/16 - 24 shoulder bolts and two 5/16 - 24 hex head bolts. It looks to me like four shoulder bolts are needed ........can anyone help or post a picture? Thanks Gerry
  10. mingero

JC Higgins bee hive springer help!

ah yes.....now I got it! Thanks everyone!!!!!
  11. mingero

fine or course thread?.......I would think fine.
  12. mingero

I want to install a JC Higgins bee hive springer on an old Monark frame but the head tube is too long......... can I cut down the head tube with a pipe cutter and re thread? I can not be the first person to want to do this......those springers are great! Does any one know the thread pitch so I...
  13. mingero

Ladies Rollfast

I just traded a member for this bike.....can anyone help me locate a chain guard?
  14. mingero

Schwinn middle weight fender question?

I thought the forks were different......the handbrake model has a hole to mount the caliper in position and the coaster brake model has a bolt under the head tube to mount the fender? Can you double check?
  15. mingero

anybody else?
  16. mingero

Will Schwinn middle weight front fenders made for handbrakes work for non-hand brake models......I found a great pair but are for handbrake and I am restoring a coaster brake only model.
  17. mingero

O.D.of Felt Thick Brick & Quick Brick tires?

Thanks everyone......Dr. T's garage door measuring is close enough for me.
  18. mingero

O.D.of Felt Thick Brick & Quick Brick tires?

I am thinking of running a 24" rim with a 24x3 Thick Brick tire and a 26" Quick Brick tire on a project.....they look almost the same in outside diameter.......does anyone know the O.D. of this wheel combination?
  19. mingero

Monarch/Firestone tank question?

Thats what I thought......thanks!
  20. mingero

Monarch/Firestone tank question?

I have noticed that some tanks for Monarch / Firestone bikes have a cutout on one side.....I aways thought it was for a horn, but someone told me it can be for a reflector.....is this true.......please help!
Back