Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Drummerboy1975

Let's see your Zep...I mean Snyder Fastback Sport Frame

I was previous I got it from was told by previous owner he got it from, that it was sand blasted and repainted, then has faux patina added.
  2. Drummerboy1975

If it isn't an actual Zep, what did they call this model?
  3. Drummerboy1975

LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

It was semi restored at one time, then faux patina added. It needs some love and a lot of loose nuts and bolts tightened. After a few shots of Bulleit Bourbon the other night, I took her out for a spin down the street. This tank rides like a Caddy! Love it!
  4. Drummerboy1975

Hey thanks! Could you clarify something please? So my bike is a Snyder that's badged as a Hawthorne for Montgomery Wards? In that case, is it a Snyder, or a Hawthorne Zep?
  5. Drummerboy1975

LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

Here's my '38 Zep that I just got a two days ago. It's mostly original with a different crank, chain ring, bars, and wheels. I plan on taking it all down, redoing all the bearings, paint and riding it. I'll probably put a set of white or red tires. Depending on color combo. Something bright for...
  6. Drummerboy1975

My entry for the 2014 Little Rock Rat Rod Build Off

Thank you! That's exactly what I was going for. I hope it pays off.
  7. Drummerboy1975

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

My 1969 Schwinn Stingray I just built today.
  8. Drummerboy1975

My entry for the 2014 Little Rock Rat Rod Build Off

I built this 1969 Schwinn Stingray for out local Rat Rod Build off that we're having next Sunday. It's not a lowrider, I just used a bent fork to get the stance I want and went with semi gloss black with the original red seat and a set of vintage Troll Doll grips. New big and it'll white walls...
  9. Drummerboy1975

Will these Schwinn chainrings interchange???

I think I'm going to leave it like it is. That Stingray chainring is gonna look huge in that Bantam crank. It'll work fine, I just liked the look of the Stingray better.
  10. Drummerboy1975

Will these Schwinn chainrings interchange???

I'm building a 1969 Schwinn Stingray. I'm building a lowrider with a bent fork. The stock crank arms are too long, so I'm going to put a crank from 68 Bantam on it. But, I want to swap the chainrings. Will they interchange?
  11. Drummerboy1975

Stingrays Only! (Early scramblers and hurricanes too!)

Here's my '69 Stingray. And here it is today.... Getting a full make over.... I'll keep ya posted.
  12. Drummerboy1975

Best place to buy a 20" bent fork?

I build a1969 Schwinn Stingray and I'm putting a bent fork on it. Where's the best place for parts like this that don't rape you on shipping?
  13. Drummerboy1975

Found an old tandem.....

But I haven't a clue what it is? Its in great shape. Been spray bombed a few times. Can anyone help ID this beast?
  14. Drummerboy1975

Where does everyone buy their kustom parts?

Thanks but that's way more work than I want to put into this project.
  15. Drummerboy1975

I found a fork with a 6 3/4" length steering tube. It doesn't work because it won't stick out of the top enough to get both nuts on. So my question is, how does adding more threads making the steering tube longer? There's something that I'm not understanding.
  16. Drummerboy1975

Will this work?
Back