Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. C

GT zaskar reboot (formally Bmxie)

Thanks for the pictures and details. I to have a fascination for G.T. frames and I really like your modifications. I imagine its a blast to ride. Thanks for posting. Gary
  2. C

Fresh meat for the fleet. R

I had a Trek Woody and rode it for approx. 3000 miles. Awesome ride. Then I gave it to my father-in-law who is still riding it. Nice score, thanks for the pictures. Gary
  3. C

Trek OCLV 9800 mtb

Like I said , it was just a thought. I'm not that versed in aluminum alloys. I hope you can repair it and have some fun with it. I'll be watching for the fix. It will probably be something so simple....we just want to make it complex. Good luck and have fun in the process. Gary
  4. C

Trek OCLV 9800 mtb

Just a thought. I would go to a semi-trailer repair shop or find a good welder in your area that can weld aluminum. I don't know if J.B. weld would handle the stress very well. Or check with the local Harley Davidson shop. They know where all the good welders are located. Gary
  5. C

1983 Jamis BOSS BMX Cruiser 5 Speed

I bought a Jamis Boss Cruiser 5 frame and fork at at bicycle swap meet this summer in Lincoln Ne. I added some Electra Fattio 24 x 3 on it just to see if I liked it. I've been asked if it's for sale many times this summer. It's a keeper. Yours is a awesome find and thanks for showing it to...
  6. C

24" Kona Two-Four 2001 BMX

Awesome score. This summer I purchased a 1998 Dyno Nitro 24" just because I always wanted one. Your Kona is way nicer and rarer. Thanks for the post. Gary
  7. C

UPDATE: Anyone put motorcycle bars on thier builds?

I put a set of Renthal bars on my 26" BMX cruiser. I love the cross brace pieces. Now I'm always on the lookout for cool motorcycle handle bars. If the price is right. Gary
  8. C

Electra Rat Fink frame+forks TRADE CONFIRMED

Re: Electra Rat Fink frame and forks How does an expensive Electra Rat Fink frame and forks come up of sale individually? Did someone use the original rims and tires? Anyway, awesome score, have fun making it better than Electra ever imagined. Gary
  9. C

Which front wheel?

BAD A ..... all the way.
  10. C

Measure diameter of chainring to know how many teeth?

My bike buddies think I'm crazy but most of my sprockets hanging in the wall have the teeth number marked with a black sharpie on them. Plus I take more time to get a good riding radio and just not slap parts together and then try to figure out why the bike pedals hard. Those old ratios took...
  11. C

ELECTRA SUPER 72

Awesome score. I love the 20" bikes. Between My wife and I (4 Electra's) and my son and daughter-inlaw (2 Electra's) and his 3 year old son (1 electra 20" inch) we have quite a collection. It's contagous..........but the 20" Electra Rat Rod is totally bad to the bone. Gary
  12. C

Cool things to do with a Girls Bike?

Go to the "builds" section. And under "Huffman I-beam" see what I did to an old girls bike. It was fun to do and the bike rides really well. I need to post somemore pictures. Champion123
  13. C

MY 2011 BASMAN "The Sunshine Stealer"

Awesome bike, I love the mix of color, new and old parts, everything about it. A couple of your pictures went straight to my screen saver. Don't wreck that bike. Gary
  14. C

jeers to Bell Bicycle products

I bent a pair of Bell Cruiser Bow peddals after riding into the wind just 15 minutes after installing them. I'll never buy Bell products again. Cheap,Cheap,Cheap. Gary
  15. C

Can't find a shop to straighten forks

I've clamped the both blades in a large vise with the threaded portion sticking up. And with a 3 foot length of pipe that just fits over the threaded portion slowly apply bending pressure. Two or three attempts may be required to get it back to straight. I use smooth vise jaws to avoid...
  16. C

Road Candy: Dual Suspension Elgin Twinbar

That bike was on the "first and only" issue of Kickstand Magazine that I ever recieved. Cool bike, awesome craftsmanship, didn't even mind the color. Gary
  17. C

What is a big/tall classic frame?

I know the new Trek Cruisers have a 21" frame, And I'm 6"2" and I like the Electra "foot forward" technology. Plus finding a "lay back" type seat post will help you lower your seat and give you a little more stretch. I don't mind a high seat post, but I can't figure how they ride them with...
  18. C

RARE Fresh barn find Rollfast balloon tire 3 bar girls bike

I aggree, thats the coolest girl's bike I've ever seen. Awesome find. Now I'm watching for girl's bikes. Gary
  19. C

Bike Rack Confusion

Yes , they do still put stake holes in the top of the bed. Thanks for all the ideas. Between plywood, pvc conduit, and metal, I've go some ideas brewing. My new welder is screaming at me. Gary
  20. C

Bike Rack Confusion

I just purchased a new 2012 GMC full size pick-up (8 ft. box) and I want to haul 2 Electra Cruisers around the state on our vacation. I would prefer to stand the bikes straight up, and to not take off any of the wheels. What have you guys done in the past? Fabrication is an option, but I...
Back