Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tailwinds

St. Louis MO, Sun April 20th, Antique Bicycle Display, Meet, and Ride at Forest Park

An important event is taking place within the antique bicycle hobby on Easter Sunday, April 20th at Forest Park in St. Louis, Missouri. Each year for the past 53 years on Easter Sunday the Horseless Carriage Club of Missouri has held their Concours d'Elegance at the Muny in Forest Park. The...
  2. Tailwinds

-Midwest Bicycle Expo Show and Swap- Jan 26, 2014

The annual Midwest Bicycle Expo Show and Swap will be held January 26, 2014 at the Collinsville Convention Center. This is the yearly event in St. Louis which combines a swap event for bikes of all vintages, new and old, with a classic bike show. This is an extremely well-attended event and is...
  3. Tailwinds

Ratrod Project Finished... -PHOTOS-

Here's a project I was tinkering with for a while, it was more of a design concept than a bike you could ride and live with (although it's ridable)... still don't know what to call it. It's going on permanent display at a St. Louis advertising/marketing/creativity company on Thursday so I...
  4. Tailwinds

Classic Rat

Been wanting to throw something together for a while that echoes what we consider the classic ratrod elements we see in the old cars. Red wheels, white walls, black body (yeah I know it's been done to death, oh wells). Started with a '57 Straight Bar and slapped some parts on it. I hate to...
  5. Tailwinds

Bike Trailer Ideas

Longtime no see RRB. I've been incredibly busy this year traveling the world and building bikes, this has left me much less internet time than in the past, oh wells. Thinking about going to Mackinac Island next summer and seeing as how the island is bicycle/horse drawn transportation only I...
  6. Tailwinds

Tailwinds to Portland!

Just wanted to drop a line to the Portlandians that I'm headed your way for the next few weeks and will be looking for bike related things to do. Good local food and drink is high on my list as well! I'll be staying right downtown at a bike hostel, interested in things I should see and do...
  7. Tailwinds

Cycle Truckin' Down Under

Not sure what it is but thought of you guys when I spotted the Cycle Truck-style yard art the other day in Akaroa, New Zealand. Al of the old bikes here are of European/English descent so it's often difficult to tell quite what they are. There is an EXTREMELY healthy bike culture here, in the...
  8. Tailwinds

'51 Shelby

Picked this up from C-list the other day. In the photos it appeared the owner had dismantled many of the pieces but it looked complete and when I spotted those curved fender stays I decided to chase after the bike primarily because it was so cheap. BONIS! When I got there I discovered the bike...
  9. Tailwinds

VERY Unique Schwinn Speedster, 1960

Thought I'd post this over here too... Just finished the refresh on this 1960 Speedster for an acquaintance of mine. The bike really belongs to his father and he commissioned me to bring it back to life as a present for his dad. His father ordered the bike from the local dealer in Staunton...
  10. Tailwinds

Best FINDS of 2011

Carrying on the theme of a similar year end thread, what were your BEST finds of 2011? Great bikes you just stumbled across? Maybe a desirable bike you garnered by beating everyone to the punch. Or, maybe one you've wanted for a long long time and finally found. Although pickens have been slim...
  11. Tailwinds

History Channel's 'Real Deal'

Who saw the Real Deal last night and the 1938 Elgin rat rod come up for auction? That bike looked VERY familiar. Member here??????
  12. Tailwinds

Which Tools Do You Want For Christmas???

Santa Claus is coming to town, and he's bringin' bike tools! What tools do you want to add to your shop???
  13. Tailwinds

Picked Up Two Ladies in Town This Afternoon

Pretty decent local finds, 3.6mi from the house, made one heck of a package deal for them. Serial says 1960, F02149, but everything about the bike says earlier. I don't know, she'll make great parts for another project though. And, this NICE 1956 Corvette. Bike is dirty from a barn but...
  14. Tailwinds

Recommend a Bike Shop Near Snottsdale, AZ?

I'm selling two nicely restored bikes, a '53 Phantom and a '39 Elgin to a local couple who will be taking them to their place in Scottsdale for the winter. The guy is handy and very capable but he's not a bike nut like we are, they just want some cool old bikes to tool around on in the local...
  15. Tailwinds

Long Dry Spell, Picked up a Canti-Murray

STL Craigslist has been a wasteland for a while... I don't think I've chased a CL bike since June maybe, there's just been nothing attractive in decent shape in the $25-$50-$75 range at ALLLL. Picked this up from a REALLY cool, nice guy this morning. Had to drive a little ways but I like a road...
  16. Tailwinds

Guidance on Dyno Frame-Tank w/ Springer Fork Fitment HELP!

As in, how am I gonna build my way outa this one??? I have a longterm build on this Dyno project. I just added the tank, which fit nicely, but there's only 3/8" between the fork arms and the tank, what the??? :?: :?: :? :? I have seen a couple of other Dynos with both a tank and...
  17. Tailwinds

More About Particular Bike in Latest Kickstand Mag???

In the latest, and VERY much anticipated issue of Kickstand, on page 8 next to the ugly guy (just kidding Cruisehard! :lol: ) is the bike called the 'Firebike Fluid'. Is that bike featured here on Ratrod anywhere? I would like to see a LOT more of it. PS, I want one of those frames :D :?: :D
  18. Tailwinds

Last Week's Trip To Antique Archeology

Stopped by "Pickers" during a long road trip. Neat place, very very small. They say TV adds 10lbs, in this case I think TV adds about 2,000 square feet. This original location is not so much their hub anymore, it's more of a small museum and a place to peddle T-shirts and hats and coffee mugs...
  19. Tailwinds

Schwinn Experts, Phantom Serial Number Help?

I bought a mostly restored Black Phantom in pieces over the weekend. Everything looks on the up-and-up but I'm having trouble with the serial, I'm afraid it's one of those overlapping numbers.... C01404 I can't tell if it's a '52, '53, or '57. Are there other elements about the bike that I can...
  20. Tailwinds

When Somebody Says "I'll Take It"....

BUY IT!!!! That is all.
Back