Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Q

Bike Table

An artist friend made this for a show, and has asked me to post it online Table is made from an early 70's Raleigh Sport, top is 46"x24", and stands about 40" high Price $300 - feel free to make an offer, location Pendleton IN 46064 We will crate this up and ship it. Please contact...
  2. Q

Worksman rim/tires combos

Just picked up a Schwinn Twinn Tandem Mounted a set of Worksman rims in it with the factory tires, but I'm not feeling it. I want to swap the tires out, but have heard that the rim isn't compatible with all tires. A 26x2.125 tire is about all the frame will take. What tires are you folks...
  3. Q

road bike fork

looking for a 700c or 27" road bike fork with a 1" steer tube (minimum length 7.5") and mid-blade eyelets for mounting a pannier rack
  4. Q

Trade Moulton for Road Bike or Hybrid

wanting to trade a Huffy Moulton 4-speed from the early 60's for a descent road bike or hybrid with a European bottom bracket and 700c wheels I am wanting to build a new commuter, and need a donor bike for components the Moulton is in good condition - swing arm isn't cracked - I did ride it...
  5. Q

SOLD Worksman Low Gravity Frame and Fork

Selling the Low Gravity frame, fork, and a set of custom-made brackets to mount the front basket. Fork ends modified to use a standard front hub rather that the through-bolt hub. Basket mounting brackets - made from 2x2x1/8 angle Located in Pendleton IN 46064 Local pickup preferred, but...
  6. Q

Worksman Front Loader

Downsizing and looking to move to an apartment, so this beast has to go. Built a custom frame to mount a huge basket. Have a new wheelset for the front, with new tires and bearing kit, plus a clean 26" wheel and tire combo for the rear. Asking $200 for all, local pickup in Pendleton Indiana...
  7. Q

20" cream tires?

I finally broke down and bought a Worksman Low Gravity, and I'm thinking it needs a set of cream tires. 26" tires are easy to find, but the 20" seems to be rare as bird's teeth. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of these in 20"? Thanks Gary
  8. Q

Worksman Front Loader

Craigslist find bottom tube has been shortened by probably two feet pretty easy to ride once I learned to lean into the turns
  9. Q

Worksman C6R Single Speed Rear Drum Brake

I got a couple of Worksman rims from my LBS today - looking to build a rear wheel for my Newsboy. Worksman shows the C6R hub as an option to be used with the C6 front hub. Is the C6 front hub the standard drum with the three grooves on the outside of the drum? Is the C6R the same drum with a...
  10. Q

Skinny Tire Worksman

This may be heresy, but I would like to build a skinny tire Worksman trike, by lacing some 700c rims onto the stock hubs. The spoke holes in the hub are entirely too large, and the guy at my LBS tells me there are no bushings made to reduce the hole size. Short of welding the holes closed and...
  11. Q

Worksman wheel help

Just bought a Worksman trike with the solid rubber tires. I'd like to remove those and use regular tires and tubes. I think I can cut the solids off, but the question is this: can I use the same rims, or are these rims specific to solid tires? Thanks in advance qko
  12. Q

Clearcoat Help

I finally got the beginnings of a right proper rat bike. I want to clear-coat the existing finish, rust and all, after brushing the frame with a nylon toothbrush to remove the loose stuff. The vendor that does our powdercoating at work suggested a clear acrylic [the 400 degree oven is too hot...
Back