Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

For $100 I couldn't say no.
  2. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Good guess. Rear tire is flat but they look either original or at least period correct. Still very plyable too.
  3. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

I figured for $30 it would make an awesome mate to my 1950 Western Flyer Super. If nothing else spare parts.
  4. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

That was on it when I got it. I recently sold my other fat bike the "Haro Fatboy Freestyler" so I wanted another one. Been kinda going through a tough time with vehicle repairs, getting an unexpected $700 in taxes to pay off, and my job refusing to let me get any overtime so I've had to let go...
  5. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Ok so little update (it's been a while) I traded the bike hauler for a much nicer bike hauler 2003 GMC Yukon XL and currently rebuilding the front steering and wheel bearings. Other than that super comfy and huge cargo area. Then yesterday I scored a $100 fat bike called the "Swamp Donkey"...
  6. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

I been trying hard not to buy bikes lately due to fixing my truck but this one is what I like to call sentimental trash. Worthless junk that I grew up on. Like my Huffy Racing 50. Well today I found another childhood bike to hang on the wall next to it. A Team Murray... Had to have it.
  7. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Just traded my 1920's Trail Blazer bike for a very nice Columbia tank bike. I am gonna miss this one. And the Columbia...
  8. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Thanks this one has the typical construction worker dents and dings but runs fantastic. I kinda took a gamble on it but it turned out to be an easy fix. Was making a gear whine sound from the rear end but only when slowing down. So I took a chance and traded the Lincoln for it. Worst case I put...
  9. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

So I have not bought a bike in a while while I try to sort out a winter vehicle so I ended up trading my Lincoln Town Car for another bike hauler. This summer it's game on.
  10. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Did a little paintwork on the Schwinn Kokomo cruiser. So this bike has an interesting story. I bought the wheels from a pawn shop and got the frame in a trade off of marketplace who has become a good friend and fellow bike nut. But anyway I got the wheels and bike separately and turns out they...
  11. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Me too. I probably overpaid for it but I got it for $165 shipped off of eBay. Really cool seller out of New York. I just had to have it. I'm going to be painting it as soon as I get it mocked up the way I want. It's going to be "Nantucket blue" which is as close as I could find to this picture I...
  12. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

So I let a friend borrow a bike and ended up with this... So a friend of mine hit me up to go on a bike pick and unfortunately I had to work but I went ahead and let him "borrow" the Schwinn mountain bike and see what he could get in trade. I told him I only got $50 in it so give it a shot. He...
  13. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Made some progress, wheels on and starting to look like a bike. Seat fit too! I will be taking a few more parts off and casting this to the scrap pile. Kinda sad because it's in great shape but around here girls bikes are worthless.
  14. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Got this Schwinn today off marketplace for $50. disk brakes in the fronthuge headset and aluminum framedisk brakes in the rearnice suspension fork with lots of travel Also got this old single speed coaster brake skinny tire free spirit ladies bike... aka parts bike the other day for $30...
  15. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Looks like it is a 1999 Dyno Compe. Decals look the same, frame geometry checks out, same dropouts, and most parts look the same too.
  16. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Pictures of last night's haul. I threw some wheels on just to make it a roller. It's got some haze from where someone probably used steel wool to remove the decal residue at one point so I got some polishing to do before finding a decal set. Frame looks very similar to my 1998 Dyno Air but the D...
  17. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Got two more today. I traded off my trike a while back to help out a friend and got a nice kayak and traded it today to another friend for my Schwinn Kokomo back. While going to pick it up I spotted a chrome Dyno and struck a deal for $55 and my blue Haro frame I paid $40 for. I am still...
  18. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Traded off the Schwinn Vantage today with a little cash for this sweet Fuji mountain bike. I'm not big on skinny tire bikes so it worked out for the better.
  19. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

New pedals for the fat bike and seat for my Dyno Compe as well as 2 matching seat posts came in the other day so I got those installed after work.
  20. outskirtscustoms

Outskirtscustoms finds

Decided to do something fun and give my fat bike a little "Re-style". I present "Freestyler Fatboy"
Back