Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. NekroGuitar

UK Rod Brake Humber Rat Bike

Re: 30's/40's UK Humber Rat Bike Thanks, yeah I have another of a similar age with the exact same style of forks (only I have the key for that one so I can still lock them) and the wheel was replaced a year or two ago before I knew about the date thing so I can't trace it back through that...
  2. NekroGuitar

UK Rod Brake Humber Rat Bike

Here's my favourite bike from my rod-brake collection, a 30's or 40's (possibly very early 50's) Humber bike. I'm a bit vague with the age as the only way I can date it is by the headbadge that says "By appointment of King George VI" who was the King from the 30's until 1952. Not sure how old...
  3. NekroGuitar

UK Rat rod bikes??

They're called rod brakes (I just call them Rod Brake bikes anyway) The most I've spent for a bike is £10, some for less and some for free! The first bike is just sitting in my workshop as it's a lady's frame and I don't tend to ride those styles.. Got this the other day though which has the...
  4. NekroGuitar

Show us your Vintage Raleighs!

And then there's the rest.. :lol:
  5. NekroGuitar

Picked up another yesterday, Could be a Raleigh I guess.. not sure yet. But still not a bad bike for £5!!! When I got it: How it looks after a a wipe with an oily rag, a spare light and straightening up the rear rack: Another bargain bike!
  6. NekroGuitar

Abingdon Works Ltd? 28" Rod Brake

Latest bike I picked up yesterday, was a bit mucky when I got it, but it had new tubes when I picked it up apart from the fact it's missing a chain/pedal.. Though after about an hour of cleaning it with some WD40 and sticking on an old light I had laying around I managed to get it in pretty...
  7. NekroGuitar

UK Rat rod bikes??

Well 2 years since this post my collection has grown from 1 bike to about 20! :D Here's a couple of photos, but that's not all of them! :lol:
  8. NekroGuitar

Universal Riviera

26" with quite a small frame, so not very easy to get up to speed, unless the seat's raised to a height that would make the bike look stupid.. I was thinking of levelling the seat, but for some reason I often find this more comfortable when riding..
  9. NekroGuitar

Here are some of mine (as far as the eye can see!) And there's more off camera! :lol:
  10. NekroGuitar

Universal Riviera

Aloha from here in the UK.. Here's my latest bike. Unfortunately it's only 18 years old.. (Same as me 8) ) but I've still got over 15 more vintage rod brake bikes from the turn of the 20th century onwards :D I bought this bike from the (top secret) place I've bought all of my old bikes. It...
  11. NekroGuitar

What's the extra bit of chrome frame on the front forks similar to on most american cruisers and where can I get hold of some???!
  12. NekroGuitar

Just finished my latest project, though it's not a Raleigh but similar style.. It's a Universal, which was covered in crappy 80's stickers, so I took them off, gave it all a polish and changed the seat/tyres/handlebars and added the light. Decided to leave the sticker on the front forks because...
  13. NekroGuitar

Shipping to the UK

Hi there, I have about 8 British style bikes, the old rod brake ones etc with basic style thin frames, but I really want some nice old American style bikes which had the classy big frames and tanks etc like you guys have. Anyone know how much it would cost to ship a single bike across the pond...
  14. NekroGuitar

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Re: POST PHOTOS HERE FOR THE GALLERY PAGE
  15. NekroGuitar

Here's a better pic of my main ride.
  16. NekroGuitar

Here are all of my old British bikes, all rod brake except for 2. Though you can't really see them all on this pic. I think there's about 8 :lol:
  17. NekroGuitar

I've got quite a few, all rod brake. I'll have to get some more pics another time. The black Raligh in the centre has become quite ratty nowadays :P
  18. NekroGuitar

British Steel

Yep, the rat one has a gorgous 80 year old Brooks saddle :P Soooo comfy. The green one has a fairly ok seat too which is orangey tan colour as you can see. As for the other two, the edwardian's original saddle was sold years ago by my Dad on eBay before the bike was working/clean and was just...
  19. NekroGuitar

British Steel

Hey there, I'm only 16 so I don't have enough money or knowhow to have amazing bikes like there are on here.. and to make things worse I'm in the UK so american bikes are hard to find. Here's what I have so far to make up for it: An Edwardian Humber (or might be Raghleigh) womans sit up and...
  20. NekroGuitar

Shipping costs

Hi, I love the bikes in the US that come up on eBay, but since I'm in the UK they're not really available to me. Does anyone know how much it would cost to ship a bicycle over to the UK from America? Cheers :mrgreen:
Back