Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Gizmo

Does anyone leave their bike rack attached all the time?

If it isn't in your way - go for it. One suggestion though, if it mounts into a receiver hitch on the vehicle, liberally GREASE the part that slides into the hitch. They can be a real pain to remove if they rust in.
  2. Gizmo

from a 10 speed to a 5 speed, should I do it?

Been rolling without a front derailleur so long I've had to replace my worn 44 tooth chainring twice. On the rare occasion I've wanted to use the "big" ring I just stop and manually shift it. Biggest problem is very greasy fingers
  3. Gizmo

Big Red Rolling Sled

Hey nice looking ride. If you decide to do away with the slicks drop me a pm. I've got a pair and I'd like another. Gizmo
  4. Gizmo

1954 Red Murray Pull Wagon

Nice
  5. Gizmo

Please help Id a seat tube emblem

Thanks Adam. Agreed, I dug a little further (google is my friend ;-) ) and am pretty sure the bike is (was) a Murray Meteor Flite. I don't have the tank or original chain guard and underneath the ugly brown house paint I suspect are only the remnants of the original paint. I was mostly curious...
  6. Gizmo

Please help Id a seat tube emblem

Trying to Id my winter cruiser. Threw together a cruiser for the winter, a traditional Murray built frame of the "Liner" family. She's not much to look at but she's got good fenders and gives a good ride. The brown enamel house paint that is obscuring the original paint has given away on the...
  7. Gizmo

11th Owosso Bike Fest...August 9th

Oh Yeah!
  8. Gizmo

Display Kickstands...

Is this what you were looking for? http://www.sheldonbrown.com/work-stands.html and scroll down the page. Also found for $20 on fleabay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minoura-Persons-Style-DS-20-Y-work-stand-for-Bike-Bicycle-Repair-Display-NEW-/261307940895 I've had one for years and they work...
  9. Gizmo

when is too much for fixing a bike

If it were about makin' $$$, most of us would be screwed. If ya like it, keep building' and enjoy Gizmo
  10. Gizmo

CHICAGO TAILDRAGGERS ~~~ Dec 12th Bricks Pizza & Zoo Lights

Let's see, If I leave SE Michigan by 3AM I'd get to ChiTown in time to take a nap before the ride. Have a good time! Gizmo
  11. Gizmo

Memory Lane and Ann Arbor 2015 pictures

So many photos, Thanks Dave
  12. Gizmo

Detroit's Belle Isle FreakBike Nation Ride and Picnic

Hey Pookie, Yeah the Freaks are headed to the Isle again this year …..Saturday, April 25, 2015 ……. The FreakBike Nation - Great Lakes Chapter will once again hold it's seasoner opener "Ride The Isle, Ring The Belle" Ride and Pic-a-nic. This is open to anyone who just wants to ride around and...
  13. Gizmo

Anybody else have a motorcycle?

My 2005 Honda Sabre... and in all it's "drag a bicycle home" glory….
  14. Gizmo

Cruisers on slicks!

My Snake Bike by Lake Erie
  15. Gizmo

JC higgins find.

From Wikipedia...From 1908 until 1962, Sears, Roebuck & Company sold a wide variety of sporting goods and recreational equipment, including bicycles, golf clubs, rifles, shotguns, and revolvers under the brand name "J. C. Higgins." These products were well made and were popular with the...
  16. Gizmo

Essential Bike Tools

Sawzall nice - hacksaw in a pinch
  17. Gizmo

Another Love Letter: BONEEN

Even if ya don't win BONINE outright, you have the winning build thread HANDS DOWN !!! (and that Baby Doll is a keeper) Nice job!
  18. Gizmo

(Slammed Trike) doing the finishing touches...

Trike is lookin' most excellent Draco! So full of "attitude."
  19. Gizmo

Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

Nice job, especially like the "head badge" idea! Gizmo
  20. Gizmo

Detroit's Belle Isle FreakBike Nation Ride and Picnic

And here I thought I was the only one doing last minute cargo platform / bike carrier mods. See ya Saturday We can do partly cloudy just don't wanna need to bring a snow shovel.
Back