Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Smaller wheel and v pull brakes

What is the advantage of the smaller wheels? I'm wondering why not just get an appropriate rear 26" wheel, and make your life easier?
  2. R

Chainstay Bridge/Brace (not seat stay)

If you are near Indianapolis , I can fill that in with weld for you.
  3. R

the 63 Ratillac

A buddy and I built out a 63 caddy years ago ; primrose pink metallic with ghost flames and a pearl white hardtop. We handstiched the interior in burgundy velvet and put in a big sound system. We did the trunk to match the interior, including carpet covers on the spare tire and bass cannon. He...
  4. R

ANYONE RECOGNIZE THIS?

Well, here's my man card. My shop on etsy features my welded yard art and sculptures. Thanks for stereotyping me as a girl or hipster... [/url SalvagedBeautystudio.etsy.com
  5. R

Secure a "tank" into frame?

You could tap a couple of threaded holes into the top bar, mount one side, then assemble the tank.
  6. R

THis trash find will make a cool head light

You stuff the scorpions into the bottle ALIVE, while they're still flexible. Then you fill the bottle with isopropyl alcohol, killing and preserving the critters.
  7. R

How old are you!!

I'm 45, and until last year I hadn't been on a bicycle since I turned 16!
  8. R

29er tires? What wheel size?

Saw one today! The tire is a 29x2.0, and the wheel is 700x54c. Too bad the bike is $179!
  9. R

INDIANA SUMMER FREE SWAP MEET & SHOW

I'm going to try to get there! I just have to convince my wife that we need to go!
  10. R

I saw an ad somewhere that Walmart was selling a men's 26" with a really thick tire...can't find it now, of course!
  11. R

full wrap fender

I saw a great looking taildragger fender a while back! The kid who built it said he used 2 plastic replacement fenders cut and butted together . He used the cutoffs as a "scab" underneath. He said he epoxied them together ,then smoothed the join with Plasti-Pair. Just a thought!
  12. R

Faces to Names

Me out in the shop last winter. [/url]
  13. R

How old are you!!

45; never really got into bikes as a kid! Bought a '54 schwinn last summer and got hooked!
  14. R

I'm digging this look! (onyx brand 29er cruiser sold at Walmart ) Can a 29 tire go on a 26" wheel? Can this look be gotten on an old cruiser? Not willing to pay $180 for a Walmart bike ! Just wondering what would be involved! Thanks !
  15. R

Stupid nooby seat question

Thanks! I'm definitely missing that piece on three seperate bikes! How come so many bikes are sold seatless?? What do they do with the seats ???
  16. R

Stupid nooby seat question

Could someone post a picture of how a seat typically mounts to the seat post ? I got mad at the previous bike and welded the seat rails to the post. ( yeah, I know...) I'd like to figure out how it should really be done. I'm assuming that I'm missing a clamp or something . Thanks!
  17. R

Rattle Can

Testors has House of Kolor spray cans now...I'm really likeing their gold and deep purple flakes. The key is lots of thin coats!!
  18. R

**Your Best buy under $100?**

1954 Schwinn wasp - $25 1962 sears 3spd made in Austria- $40 came with a Cranbrook still with the tags on it, but missing the wheel and tires.
  19. R

Freebie from A club member

Where are you in Indy? I'm up north, in the Nora/Homeplace area. I hope to get to some rides this summer!
  20. R

Indiana Winter Swap & Show PICS

Re: Indiana Winter Swap & Show I'll be there! I need a couple bits and pieces!
Back